Neurology Community
blackout

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

blackout

im wondering can anyone help me, recently i have just started randomnly blacking out. i don't know of anything going on around me, it happened me when i was with my lad and he said that he was shouting at me to come round but i didn't respond. he said it lasted around 40 seconds to a minute. what could this possibly be. i recently had a problem with drugs i was wondering could this have anything to do with it or what could it be? please help

There a few reasons you could be blacking out, it could be related to a large drop in blood pressure from time to time causing you to temporarily black out because your blood pressure is too low. It could also be related to epilepsy... you don't always have to present with the common 'fit' for it to be this, and often people suffering from epilepsy will just black out, there are many forms of epilepsy. It could also be related to other problems such as a head injury etc.

You should really see your doctor who can assess you, and may want to refer you for some tests. Your symtoms (symptoms) arn't specific enough for it to be diagnosed without assessment.

Regards, Dee.

Regards, Dee.
What you are experiencing is a loss-of-consciousness, unknown etiology.

The problem could be neurological, or circulatory. Yes epilepsy may be the reason.

It is likely to happen again, and you may be driving with a loved one inside the vehicle.

Needless to say you need a complete neurological work-up. As of yesterday. And if it happens again, an immediate trip to the ER.