blood pressure
Hi again, Since my husbands stroke on Dec 6 from blockage of the central cerebral artery, his blood pressure will go up to the 170's over 97-103. He has been on a monopril substitute, lipitor, and a diuretic and an 81mg aspirin.  Yesterday they started him on Norvasc substitute. I had heard that some of these generic brands are not as good as the true brand, so you know about that? Also, I heard that it is better to take the lipitor at night, is that true of the other pills as well? Thanks, Dotty
Hello Dotty.

It is true that some brands are not at par with the original brand. Lipitor can be taken any time of the day, but the time has to be fixed for all the subsequent days. Generally it is prescribed at night, as it helps reduce the cholesterol levels. Aspirin has to be taken in the afternoon. Monopril can be taken in the morning.

Regards