body burning
I have just started getting this burning sensation all over my body, at night, it starts in my back and travels to all my extremities, even lips and tongue.  I've noticed that others are having the same problem.  Is there a diagnosis?  Cure?  Thanks

This discussion is related to extreme burning sensation all over my body-I am a 29 yr. old Asian female!.
You need to go to a neurologist.  I have that almost every night and can't sleep.  My Neurologist did a skin biopsy and I have Small Fiber Neuropathy and there's not much you can do if you have Neuropathy.  I take pain pills if it gets really bad. After you're diagnosed you can also consult a pain doctor. I also have a Tens unit and I use this sometimes and it helps the nerve endings.
Its miserable but I have to tolerate it the best I can.  Some nights I get sleep and some nights I don't.  I also work full time so its hard.
When you had your IVF, did you have a reaction to the drugs? I too have had a lot of the same symptoms, especially the on and off joint pain, weakness mostly on left side, eye blurriness and a freakish jitter of the eyes when reading. As some one else posted, I am an avid reader and this is probably the most annoying symptom for me as it doesn't go away. Until 6 am this morning when I woke up with the side I was lying on feeling like I was burning up. Changed sides, back front, whichever I am lying on burns the most and makes the bed super hot.

I have seen all kinds of doctors including neurologist and have had every test you can think of. I show an auto immune deficiency, but nothing they can pin down. You stop asking the doctors since they start thinking you are faking it. Even my psychologist wondered and I have been seeing her 8 years since great cancer (genetic) and a hysterectomy due to fibroids and overly large ovaries (the doctor's term) being military growing up and then active duty and dual military I have lived everywhere including Guam, Germany, England, Japan and most states. No one has been able to pin it down, but after trial and error my psychologist and I figured out the right combo of drugs for depression and bi polar. Still heat, extreme cold, stress or even a minor illness can trigger symptoms, as can excessive stress. I came off lorazapam and take a small dose of diazapam and it helps. Then this morning I wake up with this terrible burning.

back to my original question, I had IVF through the military 20 years ago after my second eptopic pregnancy. I already had a son born between the two, so staying pregnant wasn't the issue, I just had no tubes. The initial hormone shots sucked big time, but it was not until I got pregnant (I insisted no more than 3 eggs against the doctors persistent recommendations). My overies produced 40 eggs which is almost unheard of. However, from two weeks on (they are very keen to see how it goes and I can't even tell you how many ultrasounds you get for this unless you have had it done, them you know) my ovaries kept getting larger and larger. I looked nine months pregnant from the beginning and almost died. Apparently I was one of the "25%" this happens too. Although I have beautiful twin daughters now 19, I have always said that all of those hormones and my reaction to them was going to be a problem latter on. I thought the hysterectomy resolved that, but after seeing that you had IVF also,I wonder if the nerve damage and autoimmune deficiency might be related to that. I have never once connected them until now. I will mention it to my doctor today as he burning is unbearable and I have to see him even if he can't help.

has any other woman had IVF over the years and are now experiencing nerve and joint issues? I am on three forums for this pain and now the burning. Despite the wonderful outcome, maybe messing with Mother Nature isn't such a good idea.

I realize it has been 3 years since your post, but perhaps someone can have some answers. Doctors don't.
Thanks for your information. I already responded to one concerning IVF,and have had breast cancer and ovarian disease with a total hysterectomy. My symptoms started a few years ago, but the burning started last night which is how I found this site. I have issues with antibiotics (no doubt too many in 50 years) but was recently given Levaquin for a bad case of bronchitis. I had a horrible reaction to it, but it was clearing up the bronchitis so I stuck with it. Then had the doctor lost it on the long list of drugs I can't take. That was a month ago and now this. I will check to see if perhaps this is part of the reaction and not just one in the long line of symptoms I have had for several years. Thanks
I am a 21 yr old female.  I have been having this burning for over a month now.  I have no appetite, engery.  I have lightheadness dizzy weird pain.  My eyes have problems following.  The burning feels as if it is going to burn a whole in my skin.  I had a rash and I have spots.  I have been tested for so many things that all came back negative.  The dr doesn't know what to do with me.  I have and MRI coming up.  I'm also have appointment at MaYo client in a month the fastest they could get me in.  I am so depressed :(.  
I get the chills too.  I can't get a fever.  I get really nausues.  I can't be in certain positions to long because I get stiff and sore.  The burning is on and off but it seems like it never goes away.  It is always on my mind.  I can't go to work and probably won't be able to go back to college.  I have no life.  A tingling feeling appears with the burning the kind you feel when your hand falls asleep.  My body parts seem to fall asleep pretty fast now days.  
I feel like I want to die to sometimes.  I was even admit to a mental spot once but I was to afraid to stay, lucky my mom was there.  She was the only reason they let me go home.  Did you ever figure out what it was?
Has anyone found an answer.
I am 28 and started burning 3 weeks ago. It started in my mouth and tongue (which is constant) and has moved into my skin. I have had all the blood work and MRIs. Its so frustrating. Let me know if you get any answers and I will do the same
I am a 28 year old female who has Fibromyalgia. 3 weeks ago my tongue started to burn. I thought it was just some weird Fibro symptom. The next day my eyes were burning as well. Since then the burning sensations are in my whole body. My skin will turn a slight red sometimes when it happens. I normally will start feeling like I have the flu and get achy then all the sudden my skin burns and it hurts to even touch it. My tongue is the only constant burning I have. All the other burning comes and goes. Does anyone have any ideas? I have had all the bloodwork, MRIs, CatScans, and even a spinal tap. Geeze this burning is no joke!
So sick of burning see the dr again on Wednesday getting closer to Mayo.
Did it keep working ?
my symptoms are the SAME exact thing. Cannot be nothing, I have sensitivity to the sunlight for a couple of days after. I can feel this burning sensation actually moving through my body.
I have the same problem with mild swelling of my face happening too.    I feel sun burned almost every single day.     I also have facial swelling on one side of my face, slightly reddish color to areas that burn and weals.   They have tried Xolair shots to see if it would help, it hasn't.   I have done many blood tests and my WBC is high but they cannot determine why.
I am experiencing the same symptoms and all the doctors are stumped.   It's not my thyroid, no lupus, no Lymes,etc…  I have to redo blood work tomorrow and I have an RA who's trying to help me investigate it.   The only thing that is off is my WBC, which is high and my iron is low.    I also get facial swelling on one side and weals on my skin.   The allergist gave me a shot called "Xolair" to see if it would help and it didn't.
Went to Mayo where they came to a conclusion of over active nervous system.
watch out for shingles  advanced stage is herpes zostor
I have had burning over my whole body for many years.  I have been to many Doctors and finally I am seeing yet another neurologists.  This lady had a skin biopsy done on me and found that the small nerves in my skin are not normal.  Now I am being tested for immune diseases such as lupus and a few others. Also having thyroid tested and checking for a tumor that may have been missed.  Over the past many years I have found that there really are few Doctors that know what they are talking about.  I must have found all the ones that barely passed in college.  I really am not impressed with them.  If I did my job like these guys I would get fired the first week and not get paid.  They should only get paid when they fix the problem and do their job like the rest of us.  If I don't complete my job right the first time I don't get paid.
just joining this community.
This happens to me in my legs, pretty much my thighs only. The outside of my skin does not feel hot it has almost a numb feeling. All I've done so far is massage the area. This only occurs while I sleep and wakes me up because the burning is so severe. I have not consulted a doctor because I don't want to spend tons of time and money on useless tests and false diagnosis like a lot of the posters here. I'm going to do an internal cleanse and fast to see if helps. I'll do 10 day master cleanse followed by a water fast for as long as I can go. If it helps/works then I'll have some answers.
I have had burning sensations all over for many years now, when I told my G.P. he laughed and suggested it was spontaneous combustion. He got me tested for thyroid problems but nothing there. When I get the burning, it could be on the front of my leg, then goes to my arm or travels to a different part of my body. It hurts so much I have to massage that area straight away, sometimes I get it over my right shoulder and this ones feels like a a very bad bruise that is developing there and then.
Did your nueropathy go away
I have been taking Nexium for acid reflux and just learned that it can cause B12 deficiency. I had gotten the first symptoms of the burning about 2 weeks after my rotor cuff surgery but then it stopped. Just recently it has come up again after have an endoscopy. Last night it was all over my body and the only thing that helped was a small ice pack on my stomach. Thanks for pointing out the B12 issue hopefully that will help
yes I have the same sensation, it started about 2 months ago, went away for a while no its back full force. i am 53 yr old female
I have the exact same thing, had every test imaginable but still it persists.
I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, I have had it for over 3 mths now.
The burning sensation is even in my toes, I can't stand blankets etc on my feet at night.
Being female, I also have hot flushes, I thought they had almost subsided but have come back with a vegence since experiencing the same thing you are.
Going down the route of alternative health care now, going to see if Kinesiologist  can help find root cause.
I wish that I had something positive to add to this discussion.  I wake up each morning, very early, with a burning/electrical pulse sensation, mostly in my upper body. Out of a possible 10 (the worst) it has been in the 7-8 range for the past few nights. I've tried gabapentin and Hydroco/acetamin 10-325mg, but these only help me to fall asleep quickly.  The burning sensation has been a constant problem for months now.  The doctor's seem to be stumped. My burning sensation is not aggravated by touch.  The only way that I seem to mitigate the symptoms is to keep active during the day...but every morning, there it is, waiting for me again. Anyone have similar symptoms.
David
Does your neck bother you?  You could have pinched nerves.  I started with severe burning in both arms.  I had an EMG done and it showed c4-5 degenerative narrowing.  Also had an MRI that also showed C3-4 also.  I am taking 900mg of Gabapentin, not sure if it is helping cause I also take 800mg Motrin.  Recently I am now experiencing severe burning on the OUTER parts of both ears and the tip of my nose.  When I take Xanax it seems to cool the "burning".  I see a neuro in two weeks.  Either this burning is coming from peripheral neuropathy OR I am a complete anxiety case.  
I have the same issue to the t
Did you ever get  diagnosis?
I know your post is very old by now, but I sorprise how clever was your Dr
is it posible to know who was your Dr.
I'm wondering which side of your face is it and if you are having any problems with that same side of your neck?  I too am having the same problem with burning sensation to my face, neck, shoulders and now upper back.  It seems to be traveling.   I had many tests done and even saw a neurologist to no avail...stress they said, ....sure....I just saw a chiropractor and he seems to think I have a pinched nerve in my neck.  I know my vertebrae is inverted at the top and goes toward my head instead of outward plus I have degenerative bones in my neck, don't remember which c's they were.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it.  I have another appointment in 3 days and he advised I should notice some relief after the 3rd visit.  I will advise.  ~ Christy
My 1st episode with this was about 3 weeks ago at church...just on my arms...explained it away as the sleeve I had on the lace irritated my arms...had gone away by the time I got home...thought no more about it...THEN today sitting in my recline...all of a sudden I starting getting red ad burning...this time started on my face and traveled to my feet...got so bad I felt like I had a 3rd degree burn...THAT BAD...by the time I got to Urgent Care I burned so bad I was crying...the heat and the uneven made it worse...they immediately took me back...hooked me up to some machines...gave me a shot of cortisone and something else to calm my skin down...sent me home with a prescription of cortisone regiment...doctor had no idea
Wish you have got out of this problem.
I am having the same problem.  Do you know the reasons, diagnosis and cure for this problem?
You should check out the products at Plexus.com.  It looks like its a weight loss product and web site, but it was originally designed for those with diabetes in mind.  It has worked wonders for many with medical issues. Most of whom have been able to get completely off of their medications.  
Hi, Im Roni..I've had a very bad burning sensation going on in my body. Its starts in my belly area and then consumes my whole body. Its so intense that my eyes burn and any where there is a hole or air can get to  , it burns 10 times worse. My eyes burn like there going to burn and melt and they get blood red, then I get really shaky and my heart starts to beat crazy. I get kind of dizzy and disoriented. It so bad I feel like im breathing hot air out. It comes and goes and I cant take it.. Can someone help... Please ..My skin does not get red on the out side, but when it happens I can barley walk... Im scared
does yours feel like a billion bee stings all over?
I understand I am in torture too. 4 years only mine is stinging it affect my heart as well like it is altered.. you can write me at ***@****..
Have you taken cipro or levaquin lately
sounds very much like cipro damage. I took 60 pills of levaquin and sting over my entire body 247. I did take cipro and had the shoulder issue but only go the nerve damage with the levaquin, all I had was bronchitis and they gave me enough to kill an e;elphant. I am in screaming pain most days, entire body
again they use cipro in the IV during surgery this is causing severe damage in people. I wish they would wake up. they destroyed me
I had an EMG done that showed C4-5 in the neck was pinched.  I also had a CT scan and an MRI.  I am now taking 1200mg of Gabapentin and I must say I am starting to feel like myself again.  How are you doing?
You just described Candida.
I have got burning sensation all over my body from last 9months..  plz help me
In your 'blog', you did not say what the drug was, only that it was available in America. Would you please be so kind as to tell us what the drug is?
There is a rather rare condition called "Erythromelalgia"..which causes severe burning. Also, a lot of swelling occurs with flareups. A lot of doctors are not aware of this condition, & very few are familiar with it. Some pictures of very red/swollen limbs are horrifying. Some people have developed this from surgeries that have caused some damage to a nerve.
did b12 help ?
did B12 intake help the burning sensation ?

did B12 intake help you ?
has anyone found a solution? mine has been bothering me for about a month. burning from back up to chest down to my stomach and sometimes to my feet and hands...driving me crazy...seems like it comes and goes though...have had thyroid test done inflammation test done......need help please
I read this entire blog and arrived at the last one posted on 3/16...pleading for a response, "has anyone found a solution?"  I share your desperate search for an answer!  I too have, and do experience many if not all of the symptoms described on this blog...seen many doctors who prescribed pain meds., antidepressants, diet suggestions, physical therapy,etc... and here I sit wondering where did this come from.  My daughter shares this same strange condition which came on suddenly following a bout with the flu.  She was eventually referred to an infectious disease specialist who has been doing research involving the entro-virus.  He feels that her symptoms are as a result of a virus that has found a home in her body.  Some of this was diagnosed through a endroscoptic biopsy with a Gastro-doctor.  Treatment with him is very unconventional...however the common thread of day to day treatment is dietary, exercise, and stress free environment.  I have plans to see him soon...he does have a 6 month waiting list.  Dr. John Chia, Torrance, C A
Should get a good Lyme panel done.  The coinfections might be part of this.
I found my symptoms stopped when I completely eliminated sodium from my diet. It was very hard to adjust to but all my burning, knumbing, pains, and flare ups appeared after eating foods with salt. All foods in a can or packaged have sodium as a preservative so I have to eat clean. Whenever I eat out, my symptoms show up again. I would like to know if this salt free doet suggestion helps anyone else.
To  Lorindcf:  Check to see if you might be having a reaction to corn based products that are named Sodium one thing or another.  Everybody and their brother are adding corn products to all our foods as preservatives, flavors, dyes, etc.  I have a bad reaction to corn, bordering on anaphylactic.  I have a three page list of things you will see on your food labels that are made from corn.  They put corn in huge vats and let it ferment.  At different stages of the fermentation, stuff is removed and named different additives for our foods.  You can search cornallergy.com and there is a site with info all about it; symptoms, a blog and the list of different names it goes by.  I sincerely believe that the GMO corn is the curse that is causing incidences of diabetes, heart disease and cancers to blow up.  I say this because I went about 16 years of my life eating corn and cornbread all the time, almost daily because I lived in the country and my Mom saved fresh corn seed every year from the corn we grew. The year she planted bought corn seed with hot pink poison all over it, was the year I started a lifelong sickness, until a Holistic Doctor  found my allergy.