Neurology Community
body burning

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

body burning

I have just started getting this burning sensation all over my body, at night, it starts in my back and travels to all my extremities, even lips and tongue.  I've noticed that others are having the same problem.  Is there a diagnosis?  Cure?  Thanks

This discussion is related to extreme burning sensation all over my body-I am a 29 yr. old Asian female!.
Tags: burning

Have you tried measuring your body temperature? High fever can cause burning sensation all over the body. Fever will indicate if you are suffering from infection of some kind. Another condition is hyperthyroidism which causes heat intolerance and excessive sweating. I would suggest you schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible as you may need to undergo some blood tests.
Hi Jonis

Hi yes I am having the same problem its not a fever, its like sunburn I get it on my forearm and leg.

I was told to try tea tree in my bath (if you try it just a few drops, and don't put it neat on your skin must be diluted.

I was told by my chiropractor,its the nerve endings, I'm going to see the neuro Friday hopefully they can shred some light.

If you find out anything do let me no.

Best Regards

Terrie
I also experienced the same and found that I was suffering from Hyperthyroide and I was traed for that after two yers time I am experiencing the same again but thiroyd function is normal no doctor could find a medicne for me yet

My sister has had this burning skin for over a year now and has had every test known to man with no resolution.  She has had MRI's on every part of her body and every blood test, gone to psychiatrists, neurologists, internists, naturpaths, orthos, etc.  Hers began with a strain to her back, then went on Ambien for sleeping, then moved to Lorazapam.  When she got off lorazapam cold turkey, she had major stresses to her body, including nightmares, shaking, cold and hot, etc.  Now she is on nothing, but the pain continues.  No temperature increases, however, just the sensation of skin burning.  And, now she has been getting stiff joints and pain like fibromyalgia.  She says it's not anxiety, which is what some of the doctors are pointing to.  As she is single and really has no stress, other than a busy job.  She did have a breast biopsy about the same time she had the back strain, but that was benign.  
Any further suggestions or findings out there?
I have been having this burning , stinging sensations for oVer 4 months , all over my body , every day and worse at night  and have been to several different  kinds of doctors , trying to find some relief  , but no success  one of the doctors seem to think  it is  anxiety /stress and i have been taking lorazapam  for stress  and ambien for sleep. they  tried me on different kinds of depression pills but the just made me cry all the time and feel like i really was depressed .i realize i  am stressed but who wouldnt be after 4 months of this burning . i also realize that  being in the sun makes it worse , the burning . never goes away , Is there any one out there who can help me.  i will try  an MRI next . Jean L.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You need to consult a neurologist to know why you are having these burning sensations. If you have localised burning then it might be due to irritation of heat receptors in your skin or irritation of nerve endings or due to allergy. Whole body burning is due to some problem in the area of the brain. Stress also may cause this. Try to go for an MRI and neurologist consultation. Take care!
Hi Guys

I was diagnosed Christmas eve with fibromylia by my Rhum I have an appointment with him next monday and I am hoping he can tell me what he thinks it is the above mentioned it was the nerve ending I think this is correct.

I have had this sunburnt feeling on my forearm fo over a year I thought it was the steriods that I was on but im clear of them now so it was not them.

Tree tree did not work for me.

As with the above I also have had every test and all come back normal.

Its very frustrating and people just don't understand I was cleared from having ms with of course I was delighted but when people say what wrong with you they look at you confused and you have to then explain where as if I said I had ms people understand.

I will let you know if I find out anything next week,Im sorry that this is happening to you as i know how horrid it is.
I HAVE THE SAME SUNBURN SKIN FEELING STARTING IN MY EXTREME LOWER BACK JUST TO THE LEFT OF MY SPINE AND IT GOES AROUND TO MY THIGH AND ABOUT MID DOWN. ONLY BURNS WHEN TOUCHED EVEN BY CLOTHING. WHEN SITTING THOUGHT I CAN STILL FEEL A FUNNY FEELING BUT NOT REALLY A BURNING FEELING BUT LIKE I JUST GOT HIT THERE AND ITS A BAD BRUISE. I HAVE THIS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW AND HAVE NOT SEEN ANYONE BECAUSE IT JUST SOUNDS CRAZY.
I also have a feeling of burning skin to the touch. And it also feels as though I hit my leg lower down and it somehow affected the upper part of my thigh. I do know that if you have Genital Herpes, and you accidentally hit a part of your body, usually the legs, or hip area, that this can actually cause a genital herpes outbreak. I have genital herpes, but have only had 2 or 3 outbreaks in my life. I am in my mid 60s now. I first experienced herpes when I was in my early 20s. One time I did bang myself on something, and sure enough it generated this sensitive burning skin sensation and I got a Herpes outbreak. But for the past few weeks, I have had this sensitive skin on my upper thigh, and indeed, I also could see where I had apparently banged my leg, nearer to the knee. The knee area has healed and doesn't hurt anymore, but the sensitive skin as not gone away. And, I do not have a genital herpes outbreak right now. So I wonder if the virus is still in my body, but it is not strong enough to give me an outbreak anywhere other than on my skin, near where I hit myself. Just a thought. I don't think doctors know anything.They will tell you that you are depressed just to get you out of their office.R
I have a similar sensation which started about 6 mths ago. It starts with my ears-they turn bright red and burn then it continues to my face, extremities back and sometimes torso. It itches and burns and feels and looks like you have a bad sunburn. I am not hot and I am not sweating. This has lasted anywhere from 1/2 hr to 2hrs and does not have a pattern. It woke me up at 4am last night! The only thing I can do is cold compresses in groin, under arms, back of neck etc to cool the burning. Just had my blood work done and all is perfect! No sugar, no liver, no urine issues. I am not on any meds, no pain of any kind, have not lost weight (no hyperthyroidism). I am 51yr old female-not heavy either????Dr's look at me like I'm nuts. Anybody else experiencing this??
I remember taking my sis to a doctor then two hospitals. Turns out the stinging and burning of fireants(this is how she described the symptom) was dehydration after alcohol consumption. An easy fix for her. would be nice if this info solved all your pains...
I had a this burning sensation years ago, and it got so bad I couldn't even stand to have a sheet touch my skin.  What the Dr. found with me was that all the folic acid in my system was depleted.  He put me on folic acid, vitamin B and within 3 days 90% of the burning had stopped.  It took about a year to completely clear up.  He figured out I could not tolerate artificial sweetners and sulfa drugs;.  It was so bad the first year I couldn't even wear shoes with rubber soles.
Hey, all of you out there with burning sensations.... read this and then have your B 12 checked.
  I have had this burning sensation for a year. It goes over my entire body and feels like the worse sunburn ever with the skin so tender it hurts to touch it. Like some of you, I've had all kinds of tests with everything being normal except a simple blood test. I think just maybe my dr. has finally found the cause. He checked my B12 level and it is very low so I have been reading up on that. One of the symptoms of a B 12 deficiency is a burning sensation due to nerve damage. If the deficiency goes for a long time, the damage is irreversible. I started B 12 shots last week and am praying this is the cure I am looking for. I truly hope this info will help all of you also.
I was really scared last nite when all of a sudden my skin started burning on the front of my thigh. to me i describe it as being burned by boiling water, it lasted about an hr. i rolled up my pant leg to see what was going on. My leg looked and felt normal on the outside, but under the skin i felt like i was burning up. i put lotion on. and it helped take alot of the pain away but it hurt to put it on and was really really sensitive to touch. it happened once a long time ago and didnt last long, so i didnt think much of it. but last nite it lasted awhile and was really intense. so i wondered how serious this was and am glad to know that I'm not going crazy like it was all in my head.
I am female and nearly 60.
For about the last 5 years about 1:00am every night am I awoken burning within my body from head to toe so badly my skin is bright red all over.  I try to find anything to cool myself down - walking on cold floors - standing naked in a draught, drinking iced water but nothing works this way to reduce the heat.
But I have discovered if I eat starchy foods which include: potato, rice, bread, biscuits, noodles, pork (fed on corn), hoisin sauce, bananas, oranges, almonds, sugary foods, coffee, wine (sugar), chocolate and a host of other things I'm just asking to be purged.  I have been tested for every disease and have a very clean bill of health.  I am not a diabetic and I look quite young in the face.  
So my own diagnosis by elimination is: As I have aged I do not have enough acid in my stomach to digest acidy/starchy foods.  So my body is poisoned with undigested rotting food causing heat/inflamation and arthritic pain.
My remedy is to take 1/2 teaspoon of ordinary baking soda in water and if the pain is bad, a couple of panadol and an hour later life is bliss. But do I learn from this - oh no -  I still eat the offending foods knowing full well what the consequences will be.  
There is plenty of food I can eat though, most veges, steak, lamb, organic chicken, all fruits excepting bananas, pineapple and oranges.  
My Grandmother lived on baking soda after 60 too and she lived to 91, so I deduced from this that BS won't harm me - here's hoping.  Jay
hi, my daughter is experiencing a burning sensation to her face, it started yesterday morning and is getting worse, she hasnt used anything different to what she usually does. to try and ease, we have used cold water, something from the freezer, and sudocream, nothing is easing it.what hould i do to help her? should i take her to A&E ?? she is 13 years old, please help
Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a few things that were helpful to me. I used to have burning that would travel around my body. It turns out that I was taking too much of the vitamin Niacin (in fortified cereal, drinks and my multivitamin.) Since I have mostly eliminated it, the burning is gone.

When I eliminated the Niacin I also did two other things, stop eating processed foods (MSG particularly) and started taking a magnesium supplement. I'm not sure if it will help you but you can always try it. I felt much better in general.

I have been having this burning sensation for the last 6 months. It hits randomly. No triggers have been found. I feel as if I am burning from the inside-out. I itch, get sick to my stomach and can feel my heart beating in my ears. This was only happening two to three times a month but had "spell" Thurs. and again this morning at 3:45. This last at least an hour at a time. My doctor is out of town til middle of next week. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.
sounds like it might be elevated blood pressure issues.  i would borrow a blood pressure monitor from someone and check your blood pressure before the episodes and during the episodes..........you might have fluctuating blood pressure levels out of control,.
I TOO HAVE HAD THIS BURNING SENSATION. IT STARTED ONE SATURDAY MORNING AND IT FELT LIKE SOMEONE SMEARED ICEY HOT ALL OVER MY BODY. THE OTHER THING I NOTICE IS WHEN IT GETS REALLY INTENSE I GET SEVERE MUSCLE WEAKNESS AND ALMOST FEEL LIKE I AM HAVING A SEIZURE. I GET TREMORS TOO AT CERTAIN TIMES. I NOTICE THE FLUCTUATION IN TEMPERATURES ALSO TRIGGER OFF THIS BURNING. IT JUST NEVER SEEMS TO GO AWAY. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOCTORS AND HAVE HAD MUCH TESTING. ONE SAID HE THINKS I HAVE AN ANXIETY DISORDER. OTHER DOCTORS HAVE NO CLUE. I SURE HOPE ONE DAY I CAN FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
wow I totally know what all of you are going through. I have been experiencing the feeling of having a severe sunburn on my legs ,arms and hands and face . Its horrible. I cant stand it. It hurts for anything to touch my skin. I have Ra and Fibromyalgia and possibly lupus. Its been a long road and I get very frustrated. I am on lots of meds now but the burning is fairly new. It started just before Christmas 2010. I really hope they figure it out! Good luck to all of you!
I also have burning skin. I have always said that it feels like a really bad sunburn. It was just on the inside of one knee, but now is pretty much all over. It even hurts on the bottoms of my feet. Can hardly stand to have my pj's touch me. I have become pretty housebound due to the pain and the fact that I cannot wear anything but jammies. I was wondering if I had Fibromyalgia?? Any input would be great. It hurts soooo bad just to sit here. Have it on my bottom as well.
I sent you a message.

achilles2
Never had a surgery before now- and had not dealt with any real pain/problems until after surgery. major burning skin. scared

I have been having extreme burning of my skin and a feeling of clamy hands and underarms ever since I had a botched labiaplasty where I was amputated to the skin on both minora-then cut into both majora and my C was completely exposed (no tissue left anywhere). I was supposed to only have a little of the minor reduced. The reconstructive doctor said it is the worst he has seen and I'm basically butchered. I'm 40 have not had relations for many years- so this wasn't for aesthetics. My dr knew I had trouble wiht pain/hygeine. he got the surgery approved by insurance but said he had to do it. he didn't know how;-(

Yes, I'm stressed about it. But the nerve issue has been there since day 3 when I didn't even know I was 'messed up' physically, so I know it is not simply nerves.

Initially, I had sharp electricity pains in my pelvis down my right leg and arm then it would feel like I had goosebumps of energy. My leg felt weak.

But now, I have extreme pain like my skin is burning all over. Again I get a feeling of sweat-which I never had before- by end of day- b.o.  I took a warm sitz bath last night- and after that is when I really felt the burning all over my skin.

I'm very scared at this point that the surgery may have triggered something in me. I had no idea that burning skin was even 'out there'. Until I myself felt this- then I looked it up last night and found you all.  I had the surgery dec 22 and have continued to have problems.

Please tell me if you can relate-or if there is any insight. I had already come to terms withmy physical look- but am REALLY WORRIED now that I am having the burning skin everywhere.

help
p.s I have zero apetite and normally am a very healthy eater....can this also be a symptom?
Have you ever had an operation involving an epidural anaesthetic? This is my story.
I had both my knees replaced following exploratory arthroscopies. In all cases I had epidurals. I started to get periodic burning behind my knees and this spread to most of my body including eyes, lips, bottom etc. When the attacks happen, my knees become excessively painful and I get burning numbness down to the soles of my feet. I have some arthritis in my wrists and elbows and this becomes more painful when I have an attack of the burns. I have also noticed that my sinuses feel congested.

I have seen every known branch of the medical profession both traditional and non-traditional without getting any closer to the truth. I have always suspected that my condition has something to do with epidurals. If you read up about women who have burning after epidurals for Caesarian births you will see what I mean.
I now have the condition pretty permanently and am getting pretty desperate. Sleep deprivation is my biggest problem.
Anyone else out there with similar problems?
I'm FIXED! I had burning skin for three days.. Back legs, arms, face..itchy but more burning. Anything I ate would make it worse. I thought it was a shellfish allergy..nope.

I realized I was B12 deficient from one of the posts on here. I got Sublingual B12 with folic acid. Took a shot of that under the tongue. Then bought Vitamin Shoppe's Soy Protein Shake (which also has 100% daily B complex vitamins, and many amino acids) and drank one cup with milk. Feel much better already and that was two hours ago I bought them both.

Also bought a Cal-Mag-Zinc for later to take before sleep and will be munching on spinach later and making some guacamole to restore glutathione.

I always change my diet, but I havent had much bread as I think I have an allergy to wheat. Forgot to keep taking B vitamins for missing vitamins.

Good luck! There is always a cure! Just keep researching and trying different things. Stay hopeful.
I have had the full body burning sensations now for a couple months. It started 9 months ago and then progressed to this. It never ends. It's a nightmare. I can only say that Cymbalta and Lyrica are helping enough to make me functional so hopefully that will help some of you. Honestly, someone in this community should make a website for this so we can all collaborate and share info. The doctors are doing the best they can but really don't understand this. I've been online several times and gone to several forums of people describing these symptoms. The hard facts are that this is a mysterious condition and there is no easy answer. Thanks to all on this forum though as I did learn quite a bit. I will keep posting as I learn more. Godspeed.
I just started having a burning sensation today. o also have been having headaches on and off but I don't know if they are related. I'm a 14 year old female, and my family really doesn't have a doctor (we use quick care). should I ask my parents to take me to a doctor soon, or should I wait and see if it goes away?
I have been having this burning sensation for several months now.  I may be luckier than most on this thread as I have suffered more than once with severe allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock). This burning does feel like the beginning of a severe allergic reaction. Even with this knowledge, I am still trying to find the trigger or combination of things that create a trigger and cause the burning sensation. Since I lived in an area of the country for 30 years with only well water, my next step is giving up the water in the city where my mother, whom I take care of each day, lives. Her water is loaded with flouride and also chemically filtered. I am on the quest for an answer and will find it and let everyone here know what it is.
Your posts have boosted my spirits.  For over 15 years, I have experienced a burning sensation progressing from just my face, then face and head and on to neck, back and now lower torso as well as legs and mildly in arms.  I, too, have been to numerous specialists, had gazillion tests and have left a trail of professionals scratching their heads.  At first I was told it was anxiety.  I believed that until the last two years...this last winter being the worst.  Finally, the crew of professionals I have consulted, including a well respected psychopharmacologist are convinced that there is something systemic happening.  Meanwhile, my life is becoming more and more limited.  Before winter in Central New York ended, I had been house bound...except for dr apts...to the point of severe depression.  The antidepressants make me dizzy and sleepy but guess that's better than suicidal.  I am driving very little because I don't trust myself.

As of last week, my psychiatrist, who appears to be invested in figuring out this mystery ordered blood tests for B12 levels, magnesium levels and a slew of tests that address inflamation (inflammation) in the body.  Based on what I have read in some of your posts, maybe we are finally on the right track.  Would really appreciate communicating with those of you who have found solutions.

Need support.
Do any of you find yourself distracted by the burning to the extent of being unable to perform daily tasks?  Not only am I fatigued but seems there is a cognitive aspect of whatever "IT" is.  I get very confused at times...different from a basic "senior moment!"  I used to be an avid reader, but find that not only the burning distracts me, but my eyes are blurry.  Just had them checked...all is OK, according to the ophthalmologist.  Some of this could be side effects of meds, but when I've been off thm, it hasn't changed.

Thanks for your input in advance.
Your story sounds so similar to mine I had to reply to you.  I have had constant intense burning, like I am on fire over my skin for almost 5 years starting with my head and down my back then spreading everywhere.  I spent over 10,000 euros on tests here in Ireland and nothing was found in any of them.  These included a lumber puncture and brain scan and many others.  I could not stand any clothing touching me and nothing offered relief until my husband took me in despair to the emergency doctor about 3 months after it started and the doctor asked if it felt like I had been scalded and I said that was what it was like and he said it definitely sounded like nerve damage and he put me on Lyrica tablets.  It took 2 days before the effect of them worked, I remember waking at 6 in the morning and waking my husband to tell him I was pain free.  I have been on them ever since.  The burning over the years has spread and never leaves but feels like mild sunburn on the tablets, not the horrific burning I had before and I have bad days but they changed my life,  I started to live again.  They give me slightly high feeling, particularly at first but anything is better than I was.  I am still no further on with what is going on and havn't seen a neurologist in 2 years owing to the expense but am seeing someone else next month.  I tend to stick my head in the sand while the tablets kill most of the pain.  Plleease ask for this drug.  You need to try it.  Your symptoms sound exactly like mine after I was searching the internet for anything sounding like me.  Its so frightening that no-one understands what causes this, and I hope this is some-thing you can try.  I know this drug is available in America because when I started on it I remember the doctor saying it was developed in America only 2 years previously.  Let me know how you get on.  I will be thinking of you.   Suzanne .    
I will keep checking back on this page to see how every-one gets on.  In 5 years its the first time I have found a group of people with the same symptoms.   I am desperate to find a possiblity of a cure as I was in the process of IVF when this happened,  My embryos have been frozen all this time waiting to be put back but I cant come off this medication and I am also on an anti-depressent in combination with Lyrica for the pain.  Its very interesting to hear about the B12 issue.  I was put on B12 for a year to see if it could reverse any possible nerve ending damage but apparently if not reversed on this then it is something further than nerve endings, it was suggested by the neurologist it is damage at the core of my nervous system but no-one knows.  I noticed a lady put some-thing about joint pains.  Strangely for a year leading up to this I had suffered with terrible joint pains that disappeared when this started.  I had by the way been perfectly healthy before this.  I hope that at least one of you finds a solution, it would be so inspiring!  Updates may help others on here which would be wonderful.  My mantra that keeps me going is 'Hope' but its so hard after so long and watching my husband and daughter suffer along with me. Good Luck every-one.
OK folks...I posted about my situation last week.  Appreciate the comments from those who responded.  Today, I need support.  The burning is driving me to distraction.  Wish I could SCREAM!!!  If you see this message and can provide me with words of hope that there just may be help out there, I nead to hear it from "One who has walked the walk."  Saw my Fam doc last week and he said straight up, "I don't know where to go with you."  Guess I sort of lost my anchor as he has been so dilligent in providing encouragement and guidance.  As I've seen written by a few of you, this is the only web site where others describe EXACTLY what I'm going thru.  Healing vibes to all....Lulu
I have been having burning under the skin of my left arm and hand. Sometimes it gets to the point where I just have to rub it to distract myself from the burning sensation. Putting an ice pack on it helps to an extent, as does having someone rub my arm. My doctor pretty much had no idea. A nurse told me it might be hives under my skin and to take Benadryl - which didn't work. I have been under an extreme amount of stress - and when sudden super stressful situations occur it seems to get worse. No-one understands why I suddenly grab my arm and start rubbing it as there are no outer symptoms on my skin! Recently my right arm has started to burn as well. Anyway, i just thought I would throw in my experience!
The same sensation that starts in the ears, and moves it's way down the body from top to bottom has happened to me about 8 times now.  The only common element has been stress, but I decided that it might be an allergic reaction of some sort.  I take Benadryl as soon as I feel it starting, and the Benadryl seems to work.  It's random, and has happened at home, work, and even in Hawaii where I don't think there was any stress.  But if you don't worry too much about it, it goes away.
It's like you are burning up from the inside out.  Weird, but it does not seem dangerous.  I don't worry much about it anymore, now that the Benadryl solves the problem.
Please help.....I don't know what to do or where to start or what kind of Dr. to go to. I have experienced this HOT feeling all over my body for quite a few years.  It is the worst in the summer.  I am so hot all over; from my scalp to bottom of my feet.  My skin is hot to touch and I can't stand it.  I am on quite a few medications for other issues and am wondering if this feeling is a side effect. I keep my a/c on mid 60's, thinking this would help but I'm still burning up 24 hours a day; every day. Putting clothes on feels like rubbing sandpaper on a sunburn.  I am severly depressed over this and friends/family think I'm nuts! I use all kinds of cold packs but they end up getting hot in less than an hour. They can't keep up with my body heat. I do agree stress and anxiety make it worse but this condition increases my stress and anxiety.  I feel sweaty under arms, under breasts, inside elbow creases, behind knees and groin.  I am constantly using cornstarch as a powder to "dry" my hottest areas up.  I do not use any fragrance soaps or detergents.  I do not drink hot beverages, use caffine, drink soda, eat spicy foods or take hot showers.  I could go on and on but I am getting very emotional......Please help me.  Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.  Thank you!
I am glad to see all of your comments to know that I am not going crazy. A couple of weeks ago I started having this burning sensation on the back of my neck. I kept asking my husband to look to see if it was red or the skin was irritated. He kept saying nothing was there. But the burning sensation won't go away. I am under stress since I am unemployed and trying to find a job, worried about finances, etc. I don't have health insurance and no money to go to a doctor. I am going to get some B12 supplements and see if that helps. I often have unexplained pains on my body (sore to the touch) which my doctor in the past treated as fibromyalgia but I ran out of the medicine for it and this burning is different than the pain to the touch of before. I hope the B12 helps because this is very distracting when I need to be focusing on finding work.
well- I am also one who gets the burning with no sweats- even the lips. I have had periodic red spots and swelling also. after many years (even after going to an allergist) I got a new family doctor(hubby got relocated) and it turns out I am reacting to my meds I have been on for years. We are currently working on it, but I am a little ticked the allergist didn't even think of that. Currently trying to get it straight now. I have cut back my milligrams it seems to help a little and changed my meds. we shall see. anyway thought you all might want to check with the docs/pharmacist and see side effects. I do have ms but that wasn't the cause- it has been the meds.
My husband had the same symptoms. We thought it was an allergy. He felt like his body was on fire but it only happened in the middle of the night. For a while Benadryl seemed to help. Happened more and more often. Originally we couldn't see redness with the pain but more recently it looked like a severe sunburn too and was happening more and more often. He went to our family doctor. Our doc said it sounded to him like "Niacin Flush." My husband was taking a cholesterol med that is high in niacin, a multi vitamin, a B complex and a vitamin fortified cereal.. Too much niacin!!
He is now taking less niacin and no burning or redness in about a month!!.  
I am 39  next month and have had this intense  burning tingling feeling from the inside out twice now in the last month. I was told my face goes white as a ghost as it is happening What is this ? I made a doctors appointment but can't get in for two weeks
someone anyone please give me some advice on this
My husband has been suffering from this same intense burning feeling for over 2 months and it is getting to be almost unbearable.  He is getting weaker and can't sleep.  He eats a very healthy diet, mostly vegetables and some fruits and grains, lean meat and a little fish.  His doctor is at a loss and is trying to figure it out.
If anybody has a suggestion, please let me know.  He was diagnosed with the West Nile Virus almost 3 years ago.  He was paralyzed on his right side for about a month but has recovered about 75 % of use of the arm and leg at this time.  
I have the burning sensation all over too and it is driving me crazy!!! It started a couple month ago when I was prescribe Bactrim (sulfar) for a so called UTI. It did go away for a few days and comes back for a few days, but it stays with me for days at a time. I need to find out what is causing this, and I did go to ER and had blood work and MRI and they just looked at me like...are you crazy, your body is burning???????
I sent you a message.
I had an intensive boxing circuit workout 10 days ago and woke up with burning sensation on my chest,belly,back,chin and face.I figured out that I
have damaged my body somehow and have started pilates and yoga.
I stretch for 1 hour in bed each night and stretch in the morning for an hour.
Bought a whole body vibration machine(hypervibe) which I have started to use
everyday and can feel myself slowly getting better. I will not take any chances with my body any more and am determined to be fitter than ever.Giving you yourself time to relax in a quiet place with some music or talkback or silence while you stretch and strengthen your body back to health is the most important thing you can do for yourself. Without drugs you can assist your body to heal itself. I quickly felt myself drowning in depression and am now feeling better by the day.I wish you all the best and know you can make yourself better. Good Luck.

I have had this and its gotten worst since about 1998, I saw a progam on people that could not get feet in the blankets or liked clothes on, I have been diagnosed with hyper and hypo thyroid, depends on if they can stop my rollercoaster. I have been told Fibromyaliga, and as well stress, not sleeping but i do this well, and as well B-12 Im pernious anemia, i do 1500 Mcgs in a month but at times when i was told 2 times at 2000, I belive this, I was abruptlly taken from my 9 meds from a doctor here, she almost killed me, adrenialen crisis, im on Prednisone 10, then levthrox, .75 zan (recentlly removed to 1 mg) norco 10/325, and this barley touches me, and water htcg,One doctor has studied this he states that clairtin-D24 hr will stop the burn but my asthma is back i stopped the allergy med and now im a real mess, im 51 what will i be on in 10 yrs if i last this long, i feel at times im to combust, and its from ears then behind my arms mid back which is numb most the time, this is a real ammiune desies, not aids or the other i feel herpes zooster plays a part as a huge bad day i have tender face pain that wakes me n i cant even let the wind on me im feeling to die.... It sux none the less where do i go is hard to get doctor with no referral, and i have nowhere to turn but to the streets for better meds, i wont do please help me, my bottom line is
me my opion is thyroid when those pills run out cuz money i get huge burning, then b-12 helps as well my zan, i dont know when (befor a herpes breakout on mouth i get the same so im confused n docs wont listen
I am sorry you are having so much trouble w/your thyroid. Have you had a thyroid ultrasound and checked for thyroid antibodies? If not you need to. Is your doctor a thyroid specialist-- not just an endocrinologist. I have found most endocrinologist do not know how to properly treat thyroid. Did they tell you that your fibro symptoms could be because of your thyroid. To find out more about the thyroid I recommend getting "The Thyroid Solution" the doctor that wrote it is a thyroid specialist and the book is easy to read and understand plus it has a lot of stories and a great index.
You can find out more about it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Thyroid-Solution-Revolutionary-Mind-Body-Program/dp/0345429206

I hope this helps,
achilles2
It started around the area of my left shoulder blade for about 6 months. Constant burning pain, if anyone pat me on the back there, it'd be agonizingly painful. I thought nothing of it. Until about a month ago. When my whole upper back got this feeling. Definitely feels like sunburn/bruising. Its started spreading to my neck and I often find myself with a stiff neck. I'm not sure if this is related, but for the last month also the joints in my knees have been causing discomfort. Struggling to walk with how stiff they can get at times. I've been to the doctors once about my back and they just give me ointment to try on it. But to no avail. The pain continues. For the last few days I've also been experiencing fever, sickness, drowsiness and my throat feels swollen.

I've read this can have something to do with depression and stress. Whilst I have had both of those. I don't see how that could possibly have anything to do with the pain I'm experiencing.

Has anybody found anything that can help ease the pain or any idea what it may be causing this?

It'd be greatly appreciated. It's becoming unbearable.

Thanks,
Aaron, 17.
im sorry to learn im not the only one with this sunburn feeling around my waist. I hate to report that it's been 6 very long years for me now, and no one can help. I've lost my job, my husband, my life. No one understands why I can't be touched. That got old for my husband after just a few months. 6 yrs later im in no better position.  However, im on a waiting list to get into the famous Mayo Clinic. Finally someone has taken an interest in my case. Doctors r stumped. Most want to say i have internal shingles.or post shingles nerve pain. I've never had a rash or blisters or anything other than the burning skin and very sunburn like sensitivity and stabbing nerve pain in the muscles around my waist. Im praying for all of you. Good luck and will post again after Mayo.   Robin Lewis
Hello Everyone,  I'm 53, dx with fibromyalgia and rather severe osteoarthritis.  I reckon the burning is the osteo and anxiety about the pain creating mild depression.  For severe attacks I take mobic 7.5 for a few days to sleep and then wean into paracetomal b4 bed. I'm also on low-dose nortryptylene for the fibro  (10 mg) and when I increase it even slightly (to 15 mg) that also helps with the pain so I can sleep.  I'm doing my best to maintain exercise but have drastically slowed down.  Meditation works wonders for the pain and anxiety. I simply try to accept that I my body is aging and not the way I had hoped. Much luck to you all and thank you very much for your posts.
Thank you all for psoting your stories, it has helped me to decide on action to take with my 3 year old son. He started with stating that his back hurts about a year ago, and now with in the last month he states that  his back  burns instead of hurts and it is also his legs, feet and hands.  When I look back in my daily diary on him it even includes his face at times.   I am lacking in folic acid and B12 so I will try this avenue with him, since  the doctors ignore what I am telling them he is going through on a regular basis.  God Bless.

Concerned mom
Hello all:
I am so happy to read all the comments. I was going nuts with this burning sensation which started about a month ago. I have had backpain for a almost a year, on and off but mostly on. Sitting on a chair is difficult, I can managed half an hour without pain. I get uti a lot. But recently the burning sensation is very worrisome. Talking to someone doesn't help because most people have not heard about this.
I will start takiing folic acid and keep and eye on magnesium. I am already takiing B12 and will find out the daily requirement.
Gul
My name is Lamont and i am 30 years old and i have this burning sensation all over my body kinda like some one shoots acid in my body every now and then. i went to the hospital and they said i was dehydrated and that my blood pressure is our of control 167 over 102 and put me on a medication for that but it really doesn't work and i go to the gym 3 days a week very active. the only thing i can do is take garlic pills and a b12 pill to stop the burning tingling feelings but i think i may have multiple sclerosis and one more thing my chest and shoulders feel heavy when i walk but i hope my doctor finds out whats wrong with me been like this for 3 months straight now ....  
It's so reassuring that many are in the same boat as me.  Week before Christmas, I was having left arm pain and hand tingling… also feet burning and tingling and a chain of sores in my mouth on left side..  Went to ER since my doctor was full.  They diagnosed me with Shingles (I had chickenpox when I was 3) and sent me to Eye Specialist and Ear/Nose/Throat Specialist.  After 2 $60 co-pays, both said I didn’t have Shingles.  Same symptoms during Christmas so I went to my doctor when she reopened.  She ordered blood work (I had some in summer to compare to) and X-Rays of arm, neck and spine.  Results of X-Rays show just normal aging activity around upper neck.  Then after the holidays, I developed burning sensations throughout my body --- moved daily... sometimes bottom of feet... sometimes eyes,,,, sometimes faces .... sometimes knees..... I would also get lightheaded in the shower when I'd close my eyes.  So doctor recommended an MRI on Inner Ear, Neck & Brain.  Well, the day finally came and I got back with my doctor for almost an hour discussing the results of the MRIs, Blood and Thyroid Tests.  At the beginning of our talk, she about gave me a heart attack when she said the reason she ran the MRI was to check for MS.  That was one of the things I DIDN’T extensively Google!

The great news is that the Brain and Inner Ear ones are clear.  My neck one shows normal generation for my age.  The Thyroid test showed normal.  
The not so good news is my Vitamin D is even lower than it was in the summer when she put me on mega doses.  My sugar is slightly up.
The burning sensations continue to move around.  Today was my right foot.  She still thinks those may be a syndrome similar to carpel tunnel but in my foot --- which made sense since I drove for an hour without cruise control before I got there..  Still a mystery is when it moves to the eye.   It’s bearable, but a nuisance.  

We talked about all the Stress in my life --- hubby commute 3 hours day.  He comes home so grumpy; I can’t really blame him --- I did the same drive today and I was exhausted when I got home.  There just aren’t any jobs here so it’s going to be a part of our life for a while.  I asked hubby about putting the house up for sale, but he just doesn’t want to lose the money on it so he’s sucking up the commute.  She lightly chuckled  about what I considered my other stress --- my soap being cancelled and football season over.  

I haven’t been sleeping good so that also might be a contributor.  

Game plan was to try and go to bed earlier (OK… I’ll shoot for midnight!), walk early in the morning and eat heavier at lunch.  She wants me to stop waiting until hubby gets home from 8:00 – 8:30 to eat and to eat lighter at dinnertime.  Sleep 7 ½ to 8 hours if possible. I was to start extra Vitamin D and see how I do for the next 3 weeks.  I quit a part-time job I didn't like anyway.   Well, the 3 weeks ended last week and after a quiet  2 weeks, everything cranked up again even worse!  I also have breakouts on my nose. I am trying to get into a neurologist this week.   Only other sub-possibilty is I changed allergy serum in November for my weekly shots... Could that possibility be it???

i have recently started to have the same burning sensation but only at night.  it starts with itching on the back of my hand and on the forearm and then my ears burn and turn bright red.  from there it goes to my arms, legs, face and neck.  my shoulders and chest also burn and every place looks like a bad sunburn.   this lasts for about 30-45 minutes and does not happen every night.   it hurts and is a prickly, burning sensation-----very hot.   has anyone out there found the cause for this?   drs. seem to be at a loss for answers.
My sister has the same problem. They done the MRI and CASt, and nothing . she thinks she is going to die no doctors has been able to diagnose what she has. Now, they think is anxiety however, she says is no that. We dont know what to do .She been to 5 different hospitals with no result. Im sorry your sister is going thru this. I really hope they find the cure soon!
My burning is on my right inner thigh and came from a pinched nerve in my lower back. Still trying to get rid of it two weeks later.....Good Luck
my 24/7 burning sensation over my whole body happened 5 days ago, after i had an mri scan for my head. I had a panic attack inthe machine and felt as if my heart was being pulled out my body, the hospital says its nothing to do with the mri, my doc says its anxiety and a+e said it was pos-trauma symptoms. I feel like i am fire all the time and did initially worry that i had undetected metal in my body which was heating up my internal organs, but everyone is telling me no and reading your posts reassures me that other people are experiencing this too and i am not going mad , but you`d think it the way doctors look at you when you say you feel you are  burning from the inside out
Hi everyone.  I too have had this burning skin problem since May, 2010.  I am a 56 year old male.  I am in good physical condition and have no other health issues aside from some sinus problems and elevated cholesterol.  I have suffered from stress and anxiety over the years in regard to this very long term unresolved sinus condition that is probably viral.  This continuing stress is the only thing that I can figure has led to my neuropathic pain.  

I have been tested for heavy metal poisoning, vitamin deficiencies, etc. and they have been ruled out.  I'm fairly certain that further testing will reveal nothing definitive.  In the absence of obvious injuries which could compress or damage nerves, the answer seems to be at the level of the nerve cells themselves.  The nerve cells are activated by allowing either calcium or sodium to enter them.  This precipitates an electrical charge which then crosses the synapse to the next nerve cell and eventually to the brain.  What is most likely happening with this burning condition is that too much calcium or sodium is entering the cell causing it to send out random signals.  Since they are not being caused by actual injury or other identifiable activity (like touching something) the brain interprets it as pain.  It can be various types of pain including burning.  Drugs like Neurontin (gabapentin) and Lyrica modulate calcium channels and reduce this type of cell excitability from happening.  Other drugs work in other ways such as stimulating gaba receptors which also reduce pain.  This is how benzodiazepines like Xanax work.

As for myself, I pretty much endured while taking over the counter pain meds even though they work on a different type of pain than neuropathic pain.  Throughout the fall of 2010 and into early winter, 2011 I was taking a low dose of Xanax which helped with both anxiety and pain.  The problem is that the brain starts to compensate over time to fight the tranquilizing effect by stimulating the glutamate (pain) receptors in an effort to reach to state of homeostasis or equlibrium.  This results in needing more of the drug as well as blowback pain.  I knew I couldn't keep increasing the Xanax so I went off it completely.  So, I suffered through a lot of pain through last spring and didn't feel like it was at an acceptable level again until early to mid July.  Then, through the fall into this winter it was quite low with only occasional bad days.  In February this year it started to get bad again.  I got my doc to write me a gabapentin rx in March but didn't take it until April.  By the late part of the month I was pretty good again.  Then, I got poison ivy pulling out some vines, which got pretty bad.  I took a few Prednisone for it and that has caused my pain to act up significantly and I'm still dealing with it.  I'm up to 2400 mg/day of gabapentin but it isn't having the same effects as before.  I'm considering having my doc switch me to Lyrica which is an improved version of gabapentin basically but more expensive.

So, this is a mysterious condition.  People use antidepressants and anticonvulsants as first line treatments.  Tricyclics or SNRI's are needed.  SSRI's don't do much.  I tried some Nortriptyline but didn't like it much.  The gabapentin was good initally and has little to no side effects, at least for me. Being a central nervous system depressant, it also helps with stress and anxiety.  Everyone has to experiment and see what might work.  There are other drugs like baclofen as well.  Opioid pain killers like Hydrocodone also work for short term pain relief when it gets bad.  Basically, there are probably no clear cut answers as to cause or quick fixes as to cures.  We simply have to plow ahead and find something that works for each of us.  Lastly, the site painonline.com has tons of info on neuropathic pain conditions.  Thanks for reading my longwinded post.

I have had three episodes that have woken me from sleep in the middle of the night.  Each time it feels like every nerve is trying to poke its way out of my skin with a hot poker.  The sensation travels from my head to my arms to my torso, and then legs and feet.  My whole body is HOT and tight like I have a severe sunburn, but not sweaty.  My face gets really tight and hot.  Any further ideas what it could be?
Thanks for the informative post. I have had the sensation of burning skin since about December of 2007; I am female, 59, and I work out everyday, watch my diet and maintain a healthy weight.

The burning is always there to one degree or another, but lately it has been extremely active at night making sleep very difficult. It always has been at its worst at night. In my case it is often accompanied by numbness, especially when I lay down, and twitching.

Exercise seems to help it; I get up early and workout every morning and that generally, but not always, buys me a few hours of relief.

I have seen doctors and eliminated vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems, diabetes, MS, ALS, as possible causes. So far I have not taken any drugs, but that may have to change if I cannot get to sleep.

It is nice to know others are out there dealing with a puzzling condition and are coping.
    Hi ev1 I have been trying to get someone to  tell me why i have the same problem with the burning sensation it is driving me crazy.I have hep c and i don't think that the burning sensation in my legs has anything to do with my HEP C, and RA my legs and hands are burning,tingling,very swollen,numb, and my legs feel like their on fire all the time.Can anyone tell me what it is.Thanks
I have had this burning sensation for more than a year. A few months back, it became unbearable with this sensation felt strongly all over the body. At its peak, it seemed as if heat was radiating from where my heart is and the body was burning up similar to when there is high fever. However temperature was always normal. In the presence of certain people, this burning sensation would flare up. Sunlight would make it worse. It was worse with stress, any infection. Worse at noon. Worse at certain places.

I am absolutely healthy medically with no particular outstanding problems. Because of my Indian lineage, I had a vague recollection of having read something akin to this in some spiritual books. After more current research on this, I was able to confirm that this symptom of burning is in fact very much like a symptom yogis experience during spiritual awakening. Usually it is in the left side of the body. There may be a feeling of vibration as well when the burning is less or subsides.

A friend who teaches yoga asked me to sit cross-legged and do a simple breathing exercise. Another exercise was to sit with eyes closed and doing awareness meditation. The sitting posture was vajrasana (it can be easily looked up on the Net) with hands (resting on their back, fingers locked and thumbs opposing) kept below the abdomen on the lap. After a few weeks of this, my burning sensation became much more bearable and nowadays I have very little of it. It has instead been replaced by a sensation of vibration all over the body and a peaceful feeling. I also feel much relaxed. There are times, especially after stressful events, when it is strong but it fades away on its own. Generally it is much more manageable even when it arises.

I just started wondering whether anyone else had this burning sensation and if my experience could be of some help to someone. I was reluctant to post anything at first because my explanation might not seem rational enough. Knowing fully well that this is not a medical explanation, I am yet taking the risk of posting this in case it is found useful. I reckon that, in Hindu yoga sutras, this is called a Kundalini awakening. It also seems to have parallels with what they call Holy Spirit in Christianity. As far as I can gather, it seems to be a good thing in that it seems to indicate personal growth. It is a purification process. As a result, this is accompanied by a throwing up of all that is in the subconscious mind to the surface. This may result in some turbulence if we get caught up in our emotions and emerging thoughts. But if we can remain aware and alert, witnessing all that is happening within us with equanimity, coupled with a healthy diet and exercise we can ride through this wave (it may come in repeated waves or cycles) and emerge far stronger and peaceful than we were before. Senses also become more heightened. This, they say is evolution and we are smack in the middle of it. As skeptical as I am, I have to concede that on an experiential level my body seems to be an evidence of this change. However if anyone can come up with a convincing medical explanation or solution, I am game. Until then no pills or docs for me please. All the best to all of you.
Your case above all the others I read, sounds nearly identical to mine - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.   Many of these cases sound like RSD.  I was diagnosed with RSD about 10 years ago but always felt my case was different from other people who suffer from the condition as I did initially ahve it in my Right lower leg, clear symptoms and everything.. But then it spontaneously spread.. which is possible.. however, it was just weird.. the burning, awful stinging pain went into my Back, Neck and face.. and here we are 10 years later and I'm now seeing other people suffer form similar things.. and all the while I thought I had RSD so it is possible I hav esomehting else.. perhaps this Niacin overload or B12 deficiency.  Nonetheless, your case does sound like RSD, especially the fact you mentioning the surgery as that's how most cases start after some surgery or trauma.
I often wonder too if the painkillers have caused this burning stinging pain too.. which scares me.. b/c that would mean 10 years of my life, gone just b/c of some pill I was prescribed which only made it worse!
Talk to your doctor about RSD - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.  It usually starts from some form of trauma or surgery to an effected limb.  mine started in my leg.  Symptoms -  waxxy skin, sweating, discoloration, tingling, numbness, burning, stinging pain.. Other symptoms include issues with balance, short term memory  loss.  It effects the Sympathetic nervous system..  which controls things like sweating and balance..

I took a romburg test once after it was suspected I had a head injury.. I had my hands to my side and raised forward, closed my eyes and started swaying back and forth.. I couldn't keep my balance.  and still happens to this day.. over the years RSD can effect so many parts of your body being its all part of the same nervous system.. I suffer from burning, stinging pain all the time for almost 10 years.  It is possible that being you already had an underlying condition with the Hep C it morphed into this RSD.  

RSD is an immune system response to an inury which all doctors and the medical field do agree on!  however, maybe they wont agree about Hep C causing RSD..which you and many other people in this thread may have as it is speculated millions of people go undiagnosed..  
And, which is the same immune system responding to your Hep C and perhaps the same immune system response has given you these flare ups of Burning pain.. (just a thought... and difficult to prove..).  But, if an immune system response to a trauma can cause systemic or body wide burning stinginig pain from RSD, then I don't see why an immune system response to some illness or other disease can do the same thing?!
i also have this burning condition. it on right side of body down to my feet.   have been to all kinds of doctors. i think it may be from statin drug.     could be wrong. benadryl does kick pain down but 600 mg. of          ibuprofen will get me through day. that is all i have at this time. get 600 mg alpha lopic acid to clean your body out.
Hi, I realize it`s been a few years but did she figure it out?

If not, everyone reading this should look into CIPRO TOXICITY.
Google Cipro side effects. It`s a toxic antibiotic doctors are giving out
like candy thanks to Bayer`s kickbacks.
It`s in the Fluoroquinolone group along with Avelox and Levaquin.
I had the extreme burning sensation, like an internal sunburn, while I was
doing strenuous outdoor work. Felt like I went into a paralysis. I`ve been
bed ridden for 4 years. Doctor said I had rheumatoid arthritis, then 2 months later said I had an osteoarthritis attack. No such thing. Now I have
constant, chronic pain. Try inflammatories like Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger
Fish oils, Reservatol and Zinc. A good multivitamin/mineral is important too. Pain is caused from inflammation. Many medicines have horrible side
effects which even your doctor doesn`t know about. Do your homework.
Hey I think people are deficient in B vitamins due to not being able to break down glutten. Glutten is found on Wheat Barley and some other grains. Which mainly found in Bread and Cereals that do not come from potato  corn or rice. Soy sauce , even some food additives have fillers usually contain gluten (processed meats) . I didnt realize it but I would actually start to feel better when i fasted somehow to go do bloodwork after.  Then one day I realized that it was my diet after so many times  of doing blood work and years of suffering.

Try going gluten free for a couple weeks paired with B complex vitamins. Seems to have helped me alot.
I dont think the symptoms of gluten have been throughly researched and i believe its the most misdiagnosed. Symptoms really range with all people , even doctors might say there's nothing wrong with you.
I have the same exact problem, but a much milder version than most of you.  I have narrowed it down to when I get my allergy shot.  I get my shot every 2 weeks and after the shot I get the sunburn feeling it isn't all over my body it shows up in random spots each time.  It goes away after a day or 2.  So what I'm thinking maybe some most of you have a severe allergic reaction that is causing such a case.  If you haven't tried it already it may be worth it to see an allergest.  It may be something you are in contact with all the time.  Hope this helps someone.  I can't imagine having this feeling all over all the time.  Good luck
I am 65, have always been really healthy. I am quite energetic, eat well, don't smoke, drink lightly. A year ago, it was discovered I had hyperparathyroidism. I had surgery 8 months ago and the DAY after surgery I began having burning, tingling sensations in my feet, hands and around my mouth. I also get an overall body feeling I can best describe as feeling as if I am plugged into an electric socket-buzzy and prickly. As you all describe it is maddeningly annoying and sometimes quite painful. It is there 24-7, at times worse than others, but always present.  I have been to numerous doctors, had dozens of tests including vitamin B12, and NOTHING. I test out perfectly normal. I am at least glad to see there are others like me, though it is sad there do not seem to be answers for us.  I guess there are things in medicine that there are no answers to. Very frustrating because, as I have discovered, being in pain takes so much attention from other more rewarding things in life. Having been blessed previously with excellent health, I had no idea how a debilitating condition could alter one's outlook.  Certainly has given me more empathy.  Not sure what to do at this point, but will continue to search and if I find anything through alternative channels, will post.
Mine presents the exact same way. Have you had any success in finding out the cause? My guess is anxiety. It has been happening to me for about a month now.
Yes, this just happened to me and hours later it is better but I still feel burned.  I had an epidural to the spine 5 days ago.  I know your message is old but I'm interested in if you ever found out anything specific?  I have heard doctors, over and over, say that symptoms are just due to anxiety with people when they can't figure out what is happening.  I've been a nurse for 21 years and I have never seen or heard anything like this until now.  Thank goodness I found this conversation board so I can prove to my doctor that other people have experienced this.
hi..did you ever get a diagnosis?. I have been haveing what sounds to be the same thing. I get a prickley sensation and then whammy i get a a very red face neck arms...and somtimes down thru the bodt. It burns reall bad  and then the burning starts to subside bit the red remailn for at least an hour or two. Im not sick...vitals are all fine when it happens. Im scheduled for a ct next week...have had a couple of blood tests. everything has come up norml so far.
I read through these post and like many have the same burning sensations spreading from feet to the rest of my body. Had surgery to shoulder in march of2011 and initial symptoms of feeling like I was walking on something occurred a month after. I have been reading about Ketamine treatments and wonder if anyone here has tried. The treatment apparently has been successful for many. The concept is it ' reboots' the nervous system. Appreciate any thoughts. Best to all
Kevin
these sound like similar symptoms to early multiple sclerosis
Robin, I hope you got some help at the Clinic.  Would you mind giving a report on your condition and their findings.

John T
lulu,

I have the same burning as you.  When it get,s really bad, I sit in a tub of very warm water.  Tomorrow is my first accupunture appt.  I will let you know the outcome!

l
Luanna
Are you still having the burning problem? I hope not. I was given bactrim 3 months ago and had an allergic reaction. It has now spread to my entire body and I'm burning like crazy all the time. PLEASE tell me this eventually went away for you.

thx
I like your way of thinking. Thank you for posting this. I have had this all over burning problem since Nov 1, 2012. It started as an allergic reaction to a Bactrim antibiotic. Please feel free to share anymore of your insight or ideas. No drugs for me either. I may be heading to the OHI retreat in San Diego soon as well.

Thank you, I wish you good health
I am having the same problem.  Yesterday it was my scalp and mid back that wrapped around my ribs.  Today it is my neck, hands and lower back. Almost every night when I sleep my feet get hot and itchy. Clear MRI but family doc is referring me to another neurologist that specializes in MS.  
Very painful.
My mother has the burning sensation and it starts in her extremities and comes up thru groin and on up her entire body. It is a spell bc it comes on and then passes. She has one right after another some days even at night and it leaves her feeling weak and real bad. She has had MRI and all kinds of tests with nothing showing up. she isn't on much medicine. She takes plavix a's she is a heart patient. She also takes omneprozole for acid reflux and lexapro. After some tests she was put on some thyroid medicine bc they said it was little low. Has anyone else had these symptoms with any results from testing? Her face will even become flushed but feel cool to the touch during a spell.
I had a big red spot that was so hot to the touch for a few hours, then I started having pain in the muscles of that arm for like a month, now a couple days ago, the burning starting to go through my whole body even my eyes and red spots would come out on me.It passes and comes back and I feel as though I have muscle weaknesss while going through the burning, now when the burning stops, I am very stiff in my arms and legs.  What is this?? I been to 3 dr. in 3 days and they say it's nothing. My God, my eyes and toungue even feels like they're on fire :(  Good luck to you all!!
Hi I'm 23 years old and I've had an extreme sunburn feeling under the skin for foot days now and I'm kept wore awake cause my feet are on death fire the pain makes me want to vomit. I experienced this for the first time 2 weeks ago...and wad prescribed a generic form of Canada and it made it go away...it no longer helps it wad .25 mg and I got blood test results and they said I wad a 40 in b6 normal is 20 I seriously doubt that's the reason due to being a sufferer of anxiety ...I want to die.please help
Hi I'm 23 years old and I've had an extreme sunburn feeling under the skin for four days now and I'm kept wore awake cause my feet are on death fire the pain makes me want to vomit. I experienced this for the first time 2 weeks ago...and wad prescribed a generic form
of xanax it made it go away...it no longer helps it wad .25 mg and I got blood test results and they said I wad a 40 in b6 normal is 20 I seriously doubt that's the reason due to being a sufferer of anxiety ...I want to die.please help
Any new update on your health? I also had surgery 2 monts ago on my shoulder to repair an AC Joint Spearation and the day after surgery. I began having tingling and cold sensations in my right arm and legs. Right now, I am now getting  burning sensations and stubbing pain through out my body.  It's drives me crazy. I have it for 24 hours. Went ER twice but they can"t find anything. Planning to see a neurologist for neuropathy (nerve damages) but can't get an early appointment. How are you doing?

I am diabetic. My body, mainly my back burn after eating and I feel cold

I  skipped meal and metformin harmed me

Can any body help me?
Exactly the same: starts on my head and travels down my entire body, just not my fee. Sometimes it even hurts to sit.
After eating carbohydrate as blood sugar increases, it gives me information that is increasing. It is diabetes complication symptom. At night, after taking Levemir, I do not feling anything, But if I awke, I feel burning. Probably it is the side effect insulin. By insulin I am almost successful in controling sugar except in the morning. Any member of this support group has diabetes?
Did you ever get sorted with this because i am going through the same problem, i have had blood tests which are normal. Everyone thinks i am going crazy in the head and it gets me mad, unless someone else goes through something like how can they judge. I have been put on anxiety tablets and i no for certain this is not the cause because everything was fantastic and it just came on out of the blue.
I am that bad i can not go to work or do anything normal, it burns me just wearing my bloody cloths and this has been going on for weeks now back and fourth to the doctors and now they are giving up on me.
Just found this. Your experience echo's mine exactly--even the age (I'm about to turn 51). This has recently started for me. Have you had any resolution?
Hi.  Been about a year since I posted.  I haven't made any startling breakthroughs on treatments or cures but can offer a few more observations.  I've read often about the anxiety and stress which this condition causes, which is true, but not too much about the idea that anxiety and stress CAUSES this condition.  When we're under stress, cortisol flows into our bodies at an increased rate.  At the most basic level, this is the process behind the "fight or flight" response.  A short term increase in cortisol normally tells us to take some action to ward off or avoid the perceived danger.  But, in a long term stress/anxiety situation, the cause of the cortisol increase cannot be simply avoided so cortisol continues to flood the system day after day.  Over a long time, this takes a toll on the nervous system and causes it to start acting erratically which includes sending out random signals perceived by the brain as pain or burning.

On another topic, I've noticed that I can't eat fish anymore.  Each time I've done so, I've paid the price in increased pain over the next few weeks or even months.  I had the same experience with lecithin capsules.  I wanted to see what the similarities are and it is that both are high in acetylcholine, a major neurotransmitter.  In fact the nicotinic and muscarinic receptors probably play a big role in this pain syndrome somehow and they are both activated by acetylcholine.  Other sources of acetylcholine would be wheat germ, flaxseed and soy among many other foods.  Most likely only those very high in it would trigger a reaction, or at least that seems so for me.

Lastly, I'm still on gabapentin.  It's fine at handling moderate pain but much less useful during those times of increased severity.  I tried Lyrica and found it to be useless and actually increased anxiety.  On the painkiller front, hydrocodone works well but is also quite powerful.  Tramadol is less powerful but also works well.  It could be that its multiple actions on opioid receptors, acetylcholine receptors,NMDA receptors and 5HT2C receptors give it a shotgun approach in regard to nerve pain.  It also has mild anti-depressant properties.  Of course, one must remember that its an opioid after all and not get carried away with it.   I'm guessing that maybe the Tramadol has a synergistic effect with the gabapentin.  For me, neither has significant side effects but, of course, that's different for everyone.
Don't give up, man.  I'm 3 years into this thing and have learned that your GP isn't going to have a clue about this.  Even a neurologist will probably only refer you to things that you can find out about yourself online for free.  If you're really desperate, you could go to a pain management clinic and perhaps find a knowledgeable doctor there but you also have to understand that this condition (dysesthesia) is only one among a constellation of things which fall into the "nerve pain" category.  I know it's very difficult to deal with at times but I'd recommend devoting as much time as you can to researching things online.  You just have to search and read and search and read some more.  Then, if you do see a doctor, you can speak intelligently to him about your condition and the options available to treat it.
read your comments..my "problem" started in 2011. I have burning that goes all over my upper torso, arms, into my neck, head, and face.  It was soo bad my husband couldn't hug me or touch me at all. I also feel it in my eye lids which is a wierd kind of sensation...I've had tests done..blood, diagnostic, emg. On paper I am the poster child for health..even with diabetes...I have tried gabapentin but it makes me too loopy to function..as much as I hate taking it, when it gets too bad I take a Norco and am bedridden for the rest of the day..it really stinks..sometimes getting in the shower with water as hot as I can stand it helps, but I can't work out of my shower...I have enough anxiety to even try Lyrica. I'm trying not to give up as I already lost employment over this crap and can't afford to lose anymore. If nothing else it helps to know that I am not alone and neither are you.
Lyme disease can also cause this. This disease goes undiagnosed far too often and can cause a variety of symptoms. Good luck to all.
I am also having problems with feelings of burning from the inside out.  Sometimes I feel like something is crawling on my skin, sometimes I itch and sometimes I feel like needles are sticking in my feet, legs, arms and hands.  I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, severe depression  and bipolar disorder  and just recently rosacea. My itching and burning started to be a problem about three months ago.  

I take synthroid for Hypothroidism, 120 mg cymbalta a day for depression and fibromyalgia.  Instead of abilify or other  bipolar meds I take hydroxyzine which is also used to treat depression, itching and anxiety and xanax only when necessary.  

This past week has been extremely stressful and the burning has been horrible.  Last night it was so bad I had to take a Xanax  (.5mg) before I could get enough relief so I could sleep.

I did read an article on rosasea that said it could cause itching and the burning sensations.  I plan on visiting my internist next week.  Don't know how much longer I can stand this.  I also sweat really bad when my episodes are severe.  It is really embarassing.  It feels worse than menopausing.  I will let you know the outcome.

For two months now, I have been having bad body symtoms (symptoms). Then I started getting the brning throughout my body even in my brain and the burning would touch my nerves and make them sensative. I was suffering so much from many symtoms (symptoms) including the burning! I ended up finally being told that I have to go to a GI doctor (A Gastrologist) And that he can do an endoscopy. The GI does this if he really feels it nessicary. You have to go to a GI and push the symtoms (symptoms) on him/her and if he/she does not ask you if you want one done, ASK FOR ONE! The doctor puts you to sleep with a light dose of anesteasia and no cutting..only a scope down your upper body. It is a simple procedure that does not take more than 15 minutes. You will be put to sleep and not allowed to eat or drink 10-12 hrs before the test anything and they try to do it in the morning. They did it on me and usually if they see something odd about your stomach or even if not, they will tell you or you can request a biospy and so they will take a little tissue from your stomach and it will be sent off to labs to be examined well. But I experienced this and still do. My case ended up being a very inflamed (VERY INFECTED stomach). I had been trying to tell doctors that I felt too much acid was producing in my body and burning it and that sounds like what you are experiencing which would come from the stomach. Go to a GI asap, Get the test done and then if they say it is imflamed, you have an idea. They check for Chrohns disease, a stomach infection etc. You can also have your primary doctor write a stript to start out with meanwhile you schedule your GI apt...they can do a bunch of gastrol checking tests that will also check antibodies. I first found out that I have H.Pilor Antibody of my stomach just through my primary dr from a blood test and you do need to fast. Fasting is ut most important for things to be accurate. If you have a bad stomach infection as me, you'll go on three different medications. I am on Dexilant (prescribed for as a very strong anti acid) works great for my BAD issue, Pepto Bismo which the pepto I am taking so far right beforw lunch and right before dinner. It is strong though and cannot be used if you find it doing nothing or you may not need it. It may seem as if symtoms (symptoms) get worse, but if so, then it is probably working. Check with your primary dr for safety doses. I will be given an antibiotic as soon as I am comfirmed from my biospy as I was with the blood test that I have a stomach infection. These two so far are working great for me, but you really need to get the tests done BEFORE taking these for pure results..and do not eat warm or hot things or drinks and see it that helps or try to notice if when you do, if the burning starts up, if so, you may have what I have and yes it does touch hte nerves and yes they thought it was all Phychological and the doctors that thought this were so wrong and hadn't a clue of what they were talking about, so that is why I am here to help and warn you! Check with your doctors frist Primary and GI for the tests for safety precautions and always permision of taking the medication such as the pepto bismo in the first place. (Talk about acid buring body) ...if it really feels like so. Too much stress as somthing that I learned can really through your body chemicals off and create too much aciud producing in the body. This is what happened in my case. I then got the horrible stomach infection that got so horrible because it took two months of pure suffering and my pure researching, mostly going to different doctors until they figured out what was wrong with me. If not your case, don't give up. Something is wrong and can easily get worse as mine did, so go to all the Specialists that you need to and get tons of tests done until you find out the issue. Do you get dizzy, weak and vision change as well? My joints feel weak when the acid acts up badly and muscles entirely weak as well! I hope that I have been helpful to those of you out there! I had to help. I know what it is like in this great sufference and bad condition and not having the right doctor to help you and find out what is wrong with your body! I will pray that all of you will be diagnosed of what is really the issue and that you get the right help that is needed! Have a good night! Christina
For two months now, I have been having bad body symtoms (symptoms). Then I started getting the brning throughout my body even in my brain and the burning would touch my nerves and make them sensative. I was suffering so much from many symtoms (symptoms) including the burning! I ended up finally being told that I have to go to a GI doctor (A Gastrologist) And that he can do an endoscopy. The GI does this if he really feels it nessicary. You have to go to a GI and push the symtoms (symptoms) on him/her and if he/she does not ask you if you want one done, ASK FOR ONE! The doctor puts you to sleep with a light dose of anesteasia and no cutting..only a scope down your upper body. It is a simple procedure that does not take more than 15 minutes. You will be put to sleep and not allowed to eat or drink 10-12 hrs before the test anything and they try to do it in the morning. They did it on me and usually if they see something odd about your stomach or even if not, they will tell you or you can request a biospy and so they will take a little tissue from your stomach and it will be sent off to labs to be examined well. But I experienced this and still do. My case ended up being a very inflamed (VERY INFECTED stomach). I had been trying to tell doctors that I felt too much acid was producing in my body and burning it and that sounds like what you are experiencing which would come from the stomach. Go to a GI asap, Get the test done and then if they say it is imflamed, you have an idea. They check for Chrohns disease, a stomach infection etc. You can also have your primary doctor write a stript to start out with meanwhile you schedule your GI apt...they can do a bunch of gastrol checking tests that will also check antibodies. I first found out that I have H.Pilor Antibody of my stomach just through my primary dr from a blood test and you do need to fast. Fasting is ut most important for things to be accurate. If you have a bad stomach infection as me, you'll go on three different medications. I am on Dexilant (prescribed for as a very strong anti acid) works great for my BAD issue, Pepto Bismo which the pepto I am taking so far right beforw lunch and right before dinner. It is strong though and cannot be used if you find it doing nothing or you may not need it. It may seem as if symtoms (symptoms) get worse, but if so, then it is probably working. Check with your primary dr for safety doses. I will be given an antibiotic as soon as I am comfirmed from my biospy as I was with the blood test that I have a stomach infection. These two so far are working great for me, but you really need to get the tests done BEFORE taking these for pure results..and do not eat warm or hot things or drinks and see it that helps or try to notice if when you do, if the burning starts up, if so, you may have what I have and yes it does touch hte nerves and yes they thought it was all Phychological and the doctors that thought this were so wrong and hadn't a clue of what they were talking about, so that is why I am here to help and warn you! Check with your doctors frist Primary and GI for the tests for safety precautions and always permision of taking the medication such as the pepto bismo in the first place. (Talk about acid buring body) ...if it really feels like so. Too much stress as somthing that I learned can really through your body chemicals off and create too much aciud producing in the body. This is what happened in my case. I then got the horrible stomach infection that got so horrible because it took two months of pure suffering and my pure researching, mostly going to different doctors until they figured out what was wrong with me. If not your case, don't give up. Something is wrong and can easily get worse as mine did, so go to all the Specialists that you need to and get tons of tests done until you find out the issue. Do you get dizzy, weak and vision change as well? My joints feel weak when the acid acts up badly and muscles entirely weak as well! I hope that I have been helpful to those of you out there! I had to help. I know what it is like in this great sufference and bad condition and not having the right doctor to help you and find out what is wrong with your body! I will pray that all of you will be diagnosed of what is really the issue and that you get the right help that is needed! Have a good night! IT STARTED OUT IN MY FACE SEVERAL< SEVERAL MONTHS AGO...Christina

I have had a burning itching sensation all over my body since I stopped drinking alcohol 6 months ago.  I don't think I am still dehydrated as I didn't drink that much.  It only happens when I get warm or sweat, then I'm burning and itching like crazy.

I've read their is a liver diseases that can cause this...Has anyone else heard of this

Susan M.
My burning is a COLD burning, never my head though just from my neck down to my feet. Especially my hips & legs....& hurts so bad. After I had my daughter 18 yrs. ago then a complete hysterectomy it started. I have been in pain since then. Every test know to ma...Fibro was the only thing they came up with. Its horrible. I refuse to be on anti depressants. I don't want to be down I want to be up...happy & pain FREE! I live on advil, Tylenol, aleve, & Benadryl....only at night though. Its worse when I go to bed. I never sleep well because of it. I pray it goes away all the time. I try to be positive about it...I just don't want this anymore. Pray for me as I will for you all! :)
Hello, i have had burning all over my body with a rash for over six months,also facial swelling,lip also,doctors says lupus & diabetes guessing,I don't believe it,other symptoms are waking up burning and I can't seem to say corrects words along with confusion, I feel it in my brain can you give suggestions please Cathy
I have been diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis.
My skin has been burning for years. I now know that after I eat, especially in the evenings that it is worse. Tegratol helps some.
It took a very long time to be diagnosed.
Hope this helps. No cure though.
small Fiber Neuropathy maybe or Lyme's Disease be test for same thing is happen to me and these are two item that i have
I am going on 8 days now and have what I would call a class 2 sunburn type burning sensation from waist to chest with no aperient rash. Started on my sides and traveled to the back and the front of my chest within 4 days. All while accompanied with a constant light headedness. Skin looks normal. Dr. treated me with Prednisone and Claritin thinking it might be an allergic reaction...not. Told me he has no idea at this point. Burns continually and my only relief is the hot tub, staying still sleeping or 800 mg Ibreproffen.  Sounds like I am not alone. From reading all the post I need to look at: Autoimmune  disorder, too much Niacin(B-3), Too little B-12, go gluten free, Shingles(Zoster Sine Herpete - no visible rash), cut back on fish, Crohn's disease, Lyme disease, Thyroid. Going to make another appointment with the Dr. to discuss these
I have seen my GP and right off thinks it might be some kind of virus that will get better on it own. Its been almost 3 weeks now of suffering. I have had lots of blood work done, urine test, x-ray, brain scan, and everything is normal. I was given Hydrocodone for pain ever 4 hrs and 800mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day - I can now function almost normally. Next step is a neurologist next week for more testing...
After 4 weeks and 2 days of suffering and all my symptoms went away. My MRI as well as every other test showed nothing. Hope this gives hope to others that may experience the same type of problem. Thought I had some strange disease that was to do me in. Good luck to you all
I started experiencing these symptoms 2 months ago.  Mine starts with a burning sensation on the back of my neck, moves to my face and travels through the rest of my body.  My skin turns bright red.  I have a strong sense of unease while this is occurring.  My last episode happened just 3 days ago.  I have a wool coat, it was very cold out, and I pulled the collar up (first time I ever had my skin in direct contact with the wool) - within ten minutes the back of my neck which was in contact with my coat started to burn, it moved to my face and the rest of my body.  I started keeping benadryl in the car and immediately took one.  I drove to a local store and bought a non wool coat.  The staff were concerned ... I was still red and not feeling too well.  I donned my new (non wool coat) and within an additional 15 minutes the symptoms disappeared.  I felt drained but the redness etc. dissipated.  It seems to me that the dozen or so episodes I have suffered seem to be triggered by contact and or food allergies.  The benadryl is helping but I am having a near impossible time trying to schedule an appt. with an allergist or related physician as they are all booked for 3 months out.  I also ran across a possibility on a med post and they called it "autonomic dysreflexia"  a potentially serious condition.  I have gone off most store bought foods ... leaning heavily organic - minimum food dyes etc.  Hopefully, this may help ...
Has anybody tried acupuncture for the burning. I am planning to see an acupuncturist soon. Will I be wasting my time and money?
I have tried Reactine as I thought the same as you, that this may be an allergic reaction. I have had MRI of head, neck, spine, stomach , legs. I also was tested for lupus and RA but tests came back negative. The burning started in my legs and over a 3 month period it is everywhere. My doctors also checked for MS,ALS, and MD. Still negative. I am being driven nuts by this. Seems nothing helps. Drs. are stumped. Also I am a male and was checked for enlarged prostate and prostate cancer, but still negative. I see all the postings on this site and I see all the similarities. What this is no one seems to know or how to really treat it. I am 60 years of age and getting depressed over this.
I have the same basic symptoms as most everyone here.  It started with severe burning in an arm and shoulder. I was in a hospital and it felt like they stretched my arm and that started it all.  A few months later tingling in the feet and then freezing cold feet that feel burning hot and then heat that just moves to calves and areas of thighs.  Now I have it all over including neck, ears, etc.  It sounds like peripheral neuropathy or poly neuropathy but I have been checked for many weeks at leading health centers (experts) and so far nothing to explain this.  It could be related to a medication such as cipro or flagyl, and the nerve damage symptoms can occur long after you take those.  I was on both before this started.  It could be diabetic neuropathy for some on here, etc.
I am not a doctor but I've been through a lot and I've researched a lot as well trying to find an answer.  
There is one thing that is worrisome for some of you that posted symtoms (symptoms)....There is a possibility of carcinoid syndrome.  You can check it out and see if the symptoms seem to apply to some of you.  If so you need to have specific blood and urine tests for it.  It comes from slow growing tumors that release chemicals into the body.  Don't get all worried because many times they are often not cancerous, are slow growing and can usually be treated/removed.  They can be virtually anywhere in the body.  I won't go on about this but look up carcinoid syndrome for more of the details.  I hope no one on this site has this.  I also hope we all get answers as to what we do have.  It is depressing, debilatating, and negatively impacting to having a normal life.  It is not stress or anxiety, it is real pain and misery.  Stress and anxiety may make it feel worse but it certainly isnt the cause.
I'm sorry to intrude in your Mom's health but I am also a heart patient and I take Plavix and a load of other meds.  It was found that Omeprazole and Nexium as well as some other acid reflux meds are not compatible with Plavix and actually prevent Plavix from working.  You may notice on TV commericals for nexium they mumble at the end dont take nexium if you take clopidrogel. Clopidrogel is just the generic name for Plavix.  Your Mom should check her doctor right away.  Prilosec which is the brand name of Omeprazole is virtually the same as Nexium and not compatible with Plavix.  The acid drug I am aware of that is compatible with Plavix is Pepcid which is a different type acid reducer.  I used to take Nexium but my cardiologist pulled me off it as soon as this info was discovered.
I have had a "burning wave" for 10-15 years now.  It starts at the top of the stomach/diaphram area, encompasses the breasts, goes to the TOP of both hands, then through rest of torso, to INSIDE both knees, Then to the TOP of both feet, and lingers anywhere from 30-100 secs. I can only hold my breath, absolutely not move, spreading fingers and toes, and count it out.  It end with my face feeling flush and hot and sweating.  I've told many drs about this and have been asked if I was writing a syfy story to being totally disregarded.   I have a new dr now I feel will listen to me, Im going in Tuesday.  I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, taking Savella, Norco or tramadol for pain, I have hi BP, taking Lisinopril and meteropropal.  Im  overweight, on Atkins diet, going well, I figure a year to get to healthy wt., meanwhile, Im 60, aaway from my home and my daughter, taking care of my 87 yo mother.  Granted my life ***** at the moment, it will be better one day. But this burning thing has got to stop. It happens 2-4 times a day, Im hoping someone else out there is experiencing something similar, and has had son good results.
You need to go to a neurologist.  I have that almost every night and can't sleep.  My Neurologist did a skin biopsy and I have Small Fiber Neuropathy and there's not much you can do if you have Neuropathy.  I take pain pills if it gets really bad. After you're diagnosed you can also consult a pain doctor. I also have a Tens unit and I use this sometimes and it helps the nerve endings.
Its miserable but I have to tolerate it the best I can.  Some nights I get sleep and some nights I don't.  I also work full time so its hard.
When you had your IVF, did you have a reaction to the drugs? I too have had a lot of the same symptoms, especially the on and off joint pain, weakness mostly on left side, eye blurriness and a freakish jitter of the eyes when reading. As some one else posted, I am an avid reader and this is probably the most annoying symptom for me as it doesn't go away. Until 6 am this morning when I woke up with the side I was lying on feeling like I was burning up. Changed sides, back front, whichever I am lying on burns the most and makes the bed super hot.

I have seen all kinds of doctors including neurologist and have had every test you can think of. I show an auto immune deficiency, but nothing they can pin down. You stop asking the doctors since they start thinking you are faking it. Even my psychologist wondered and I have been seeing her 8 years since great cancer (genetic) and a hysterectomy due to fibroids and overly large ovaries (the doctor's term) being military growing up and then active duty and dual military I have lived everywhere including Guam, Germany, England, Japan and most states. No one has been able to pin it down, but after trial and error my psychologist and I figured out the right combo of drugs for depression and bi polar. Still heat, extreme cold, stress or even a minor illness can trigger symptoms, as can excessive stress. I came off lorazapam and take a small dose of diazapam and it helps. Then this morning I wake up with this terrible burning.

back to my original question, I had IVF through the military 20 years ago after my second eptopic pregnancy. I already had a son born between the two, so staying pregnant wasn't the issue, I just had no tubes. The initial hormone shots sucked big time, but it was not until I got pregnant (I insisted no more than 3 eggs against the doctors persistent recommendations). My overies produced 40 eggs which is almost unheard of. However, from two weeks on (they are very keen to see how it goes and I can't even tell you how many ultrasounds you get for this unless you have had it done, them you know) my ovaries kept getting larger and larger. I looked nine months pregnant from the beginning and almost died. Apparently I was one of the "25%" this happens too. Although I have beautiful twin daughters now 19, I have always said that all of those hormones and my reaction to them was going to be a problem latter on. I thought the hysterectomy resolved that, but after seeing that you had IVF also,I wonder if the nerve damage and autoimmune deficiency might be related to that. I have never once connected them until now. I will mention it to my doctor today as he burning is unbearable and I have to see him even if he can't help.

has any other woman had IVF over the years and are now experiencing nerve and joint issues? I am on three forums for this pain and now the burning. Despite the wonderful outcome, maybe messing with Mother Nature isn't such a good idea.

I realize it has been 3 years since your post, but perhaps someone can have some answers. Doctors don't.
Thanks for your information. I already responded to one concerning IVF,and have had breast cancer and ovarian disease with a total hysterectomy. My symptoms started a few years ago, but the burning started last night which is how I found this site. I have issues with antibiotics (no doubt too many in 50 years) but was recently given Levaquin for a bad case of bronchitis. I had a horrible reaction to it, but it was clearing up the bronchitis so I stuck with it. Then had the doctor lost it on the long list of drugs I can't take. That was a month ago and now this. I will check to see if perhaps this is part of the reaction and not just one in the long line of symptoms I have had for several years. Thanks
I am a 21 yr old female.  I have been having this burning for over a month now.  I have no appetite, engery.  I have lightheadness dizzy weird pain.  My eyes have problems following.  The burning feels as if it is going to burn a whole in my skin.  I had a rash and I have spots.  I have been tested for so many things that all came back negative.  The dr doesn't know what to do with me.  I have and MRI coming up.  I'm also have appointment at MaYo client in a month the fastest they could get me in.  I am so depressed :(.  
I get the chills too.  I can't get a fever.  I get really nausues.  I can't be in certain positions to long because I get stiff and sore.  The burning is on and off but it seems like it never goes away.  It is always on my mind.  I can't go to work and probably won't be able to go back to college.  I have no life.  A tingling feeling appears with the burning the kind you feel when your hand falls asleep.  My body parts seem to fall asleep pretty fast now days.  
I feel like I want to die to sometimes.  I was even admit to a mental spot once but I was to afraid to stay, lucky my mom was there.  She was the only reason they let me go home.  Did you ever figure out what it was?
Has anyone found an answer.
I am 28 and started burning 3 weeks ago. It started in my mouth and tongue (which is constant) and has moved into my skin. I have had all the blood work and MRIs. Its so frustrating. Let me know if you get any answers and I will do the same
I am a 28 year old female who has Fibromyalgia. 3 weeks ago my tongue started to burn. I thought it was just some weird Fibro symptom. The next day my eyes were burning as well. Since then the burning sensations are in my whole body. My skin will turn a slight red sometimes when it happens. I normally will start feeling like I have the flu and get achy then all the sudden my skin burns and it hurts to even touch it. My tongue is the only constant burning I have. All the other burning comes and goes. Does anyone have any ideas? I have had all the bloodwork, MRIs, CatScans, and even a spinal tap. Geeze this burning is no joke!