body numbness
Hi, Recently my body has started to get  numb/tingling sensations all over my upper body. It started as an electric shock feeling for two days at random points all over my body, than the shocks turn to a pins and needles feeling for a couple of days, and now starting at the top of my neck going down my spine and to my right shoulder and face I am experiencing this electric feeling for  hours at a time. also my arms feel like this and I  am getting a pain in my biceps and my left inner wrist gets a throbbing pain making my left hand feel somewhat weaker and an odd sensation in my ring finger. Also my right ear feels weird.

I went to the doctor, they are unsure of what this could be as my bloodwork came back completely normal, ruling out any causes there. It will be a couple months before I can see the neurologist and was looking for any sort of help. Also my tongue started tingling at night about nine months ago. The other body shocks which feel similar to coming off paxil started two weeks ago. I am a 28 year old male in good physical shape who does not drink or smoke if that helps.

They ran some visual tests and physical test for balance which they said were fine too.

Thank you, very much.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry for adding to this, but I just went to walk down the stairs and both legs felt heavy and odd going down.

Thanks again,
Hi there. Your neurologist needs to rule out multiple sclerosis, a chronic demyelinating disorder . MS is a chronic demyelinating disorder where the disease phase is characterized by active phase and remissions. It has multiple symptoms and signs and is a diagnosis of exclusion. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are loss of balance, muscle spasms, numbness in any area, problems with walking and coordination, tremors in one or more arms and legs. Bowel and bladder symptoms include frequency of micturition, urine leakage, eye symptoms like double vision uncontrollable rapid eye movements, facial pain, painful muscle spasms, tingling, burning in arms or legs, depression, dizziness, hearing loss, fatigue etc. The treatment is essentially limited to symptomatic therapy so the course of action would not change much whether MS has been diagnosed or not. Apart from clinical neurological examination, MRI shows MS as paler areas of demyelination, two different episodes of demyelination separated by one month in at least two different brain locations. Spinal tap is done and CSF electrophoresis reveals oligoclonal bands suggestive of immune activity, which is suggestive but not diagnostic of MS. Demyelinating neurons, transmit nerve signals slower than non-demyelinated ones and can be detected with EP tests. These are visual evoked potentials, brain stem auditory evoked response, and somatosensory evoked potential. Slower nerve responses in any one of these is not confirmatory of MS but can be used to complement diagnosis along with a neurological examination, medical history and an MRI in addition, a spinal tap. Therefore, it would be prudent to consult your neurologist with these concerns. Hope this helps. Take care.