Neurology Community
bone island

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

bone island

hello do you know where bone island come from and what is the cure?
Hello.

Bone Island is a term used for Enchondroma. This is a tumor of the cartilage. It is a benign tumor. It does not spread like a cancer. The reason it is called bone island is that the mature cartilage forms at locations it should not be growing.

Do you have any symptoms? These can be removed surgically if your symptoms are annoying.

Regards
I recently had an X-Ray on both my feet as i have had sore heels for the past 2 months and on the report it advises in my right foot Cuboid bone, two sclerotic densities are seen, highly suggestive of bone island. Could you please xplain what is meant by this?
I have recently been diagnosed with a bone island the size of at least a quarter in my pelvic bone.  I had an x-ray a year and a half ago and the bone island was not there.  I have been having pain in my legs for the past month...so much, that I can't sleep.  Could the pain and the bone island be linked?  Should I be concerned that the bone island wasn't there a year and a half ago?  My ob/gyn said he didn't know anything about bone islands...I was going to him becuase of ovarian cysts, and we happened upon the bone island in an ER when I went in for lower right quadrant pain...they were checking for appendicitis.  My groins hurt really bad as well.  I have been to three doctors, and I am just at a loss.  I do have a doc appt on the June 10th.