Neurology Community
bone lesion

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

bone lesion

My daughter recently had an MRI. The report noted that she has a 7mm bone lesion involving the T2 vertebral body which is heterogeneously hyperintense on T1 and T2 images. We have a follow up appointment with her orthopedic doctor. I would like to be better prepared  for what could be the cause of this lesion. She is a 25 year old single mother of an 18 month old baby girl. Please lead me to the right direction.

Thank you
Tags: IBS
Hello.

It is difficult to diagnose the bone lesion here. Perhaps a Bone scan will throw some more light. What you should be looking for is the nature of the bone lesion, if it is solid, semisolid or cystic. You will also have to consider if there was any illness prior to the discovery of the lesion.

Does she have any other health issues ?

Regards
Thank you for your time . She is healthy and no prior illness. My daughter has a history of IBS. Other than that she is healthy. The only complaint is that when she has pain her two fingers go numb as well as numbness on her right side.

thanks
Hi.

Since the lesion is in the T2 vertebra, there is a chance that the lesion could be pressing on the intervertebral disc , which in turn can press on then nerve roots.

How is her IBS now ? Is she on any medication for that ?

Regards
Her IBS has been under control. She takes elevil everynight before bed. The orthopedic Doctor has suggested that it could be a ostoid osteoma, but he hasn't seen on in thirty years. There is also another lesion that he noticed on her mri. She is going for a bone scan on march 7th. You have been very helpful. I really thank you for your time.I like to have some understanding of whats going on.

Thanks again
Debi