Neurology Community
brain flash pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

brain flash pain

electrical shooting (as a flash) with a slight  pain thats disappear seconds later on the  right  side of brain?
it accured about four or five times in the last two weeks.there was no prior history of this kind.
i am 43 yrs,smoker,with abad long hours office job.
please can you tell me if that is a signal of something thats more serious???
Tags: flashes

How are you?
The symptom of electrical shooting pain on right side of head can be due to excessive stress, anxiety and sleep deprivation.
I would suggest you to cut down on your smoking, eat well at regular times, sleep for at least 8 hrs in the night and maintain hydration.
As of now it does not seem to be any thing serious, but if the symptoms continue even after making lifestyle changes then please consult your family doctor. Take care!
I have had the same experience in the last two days. A very brief (about a second) sense of low pain shooting across the right side of my head from back to front as if it is following a blood vessel or some other track.

Did you symptoms go away?
ive been having these flashes in my head for some time, do you know what it is please.
Mine seem to happen more frequently when I drink more than one cup of coffee and my season starts (I'm a high school coach) it sometimes triggers the anxiety attacks I used to have but I have noticed when I drink more water and get more rest they go away but every year right after fall and right before spring they return what are these short flashes of pain in the backs of our heads? thanks so much for your wisdom and expert advice
Coach PG
I don't know what is your name . Anyway I have had the experience about brain flash pain in the few two months . I had experience pain my low back a few years .. After my surgery last 2010 .. It's not work . It's worse ! I started brain flash pain often and got headaches to becomes serious migraine often . I don't know why ? I ask you why ? I want u tell me please . Thanks .. Jessica
Hi, I've never posted on this forum or any forum ever. But I was reading up on this in a couple different places and I'm a little worried. I have this thing that happens similar to what everyone is talking about, but I have an extra symptom that I can't find any information about. Basically, it seems that when I get really angry (just for a split second) I get what feel like an electric shock on the right side of my brain sort of in the frontal area of the parietal lobe. It only lasts for a split second but hurts really bad. And the second thing that happens is my vision goes black for a split second as well. And when someone really irritates me it will happen up to 5 times in a minute or as long as te person is still in front of me. (I forgot to mention I am a super calm person. It takes a lot to rattle me at all.) idk if I should talk to my physician about seeing a neurologist or what it could even be.
A little background about me: I have recently developed panic/anxiety problems and I have a prescription of zoloft that I take every day and .5mg of xanax I only take when I feel a panic attack coming on. Other than that I am a calm person and handle my stress very well.
Hopefully someone can help me out!

Thank you for your time
"ACliche"  What you are Describing sounds like something I had experienced with zolft. Its called "SSRI discontinuation syndrome"  wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSRI_discontinuation_syndrome