Neurology Community
brain fog, sensation of falling, tingling sensations +++

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi all,

I am a 22 year old female with history of depression, recently as of a month ago stopped taking wellbutrin because i thought i was having side effects from the medication, however since stopping it my side effects have not gotten better and are interferring with my daily life and doing things such as driving.

symtoms (symptoms) are:

brain fog
dizziness
feeling faint 24/7 without physical weakness
vivid dreams
constant fatigue
clustered rash, very itchy and like dark flat pimples
sleep without feeling rested
insomnia
hand goes numb (kinda like when ur foot falls asleep only starts at pinky)
a tingling sensation over the posterior top of my head
confusion!!! ( thougtht my dreams were reality and asked bf when he was leaving for alaska... he wasnt...)
pulsing of my veins can " feel my blood being pumped, like hormones rushing"
if i move my head side to side of fast i get the sensation of falling! and my heart sinks.

I went to the doctor and had a low iron level, normal thyroid level and normal blood sugar. I have been taking iron supplements for 3 weeks with no improvement of any of the symptoms. my doctor doesnt take me seriously and said it will just go away, and when asked what to do if it doesnt and get worse he stated it wont. i am frustrated and i have this impending feeling of doom, i know somthing is wrong, i am very intune with my body and am studying as a practical nurse so i am aware of my bodys functions and know this is mentally and centrally not normal. it is also impairing my daily life as i dont feel safe to drive and as a nursing student i have to give meds to patients and dont feel safe to do so in this condition and am afraid to make a med error come sept. I have looked into it and dont know if it could be candida overgrowth, lyme, or simply severe fatigue however any suggestions as to answers i may want to pursue that might better lead me to a conclusion would be much appreciated!!!! i want to go to my doctor with proof so he will take me seriously so please help me find some answers as this is very frustrating.
Hi!
Well, if the iron was really low then it may take about 2-3 months for symptoms to improve completely. However, yes, it is important to get a complete psychological assessment. You could be suffering from severe anxiety or depression or chronic fatigue syndrome or vitamin B 12 deficiency or even a liver or kidney disorder.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
If you feel your doc isn't listening, find another one.  It is important you feel confident that your doc is interested in helping you.