Neurology Community
brain shivers

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

brain shivers

I started haveing alot of Brain shivers, zaps , what ever they are called. I was on Effexore XR 75mg then for control of hot flashes. My GP asked if I had missed any and I hadn't. They started the day I has some  manual traction to my neck and at the same time my lips went numb and tingly. It took over a week for my lips to not feel tingly but the zaps, shivers have never gone away. Sometimes I have alot and others none. some are sever and others just mild and annoying. I had to go off the Effexor for a upcoming sleep study and did not notice much difference. I did notice the hot flashes were no longer that bad so I never started it again. (I had hysterectomy total hense the hot flashes). I have been off it now for several months but continue to have the shivers, shocks. More noticable in the mornings and more with movement than while sitting. I think while sitting it is with head or eye movement.

I had several sleep and mslt tests done due to severe fatigue that started last June 2009 and we are unable to find the cause. I also have prickly, little electrical shock feels to my skin from head to toe since MVA with concusion in 2006. Should I see a neurologist about these zaps , shivers? Or can they be attributed to the effexor and for this long after stopping them? I was on them for about a year before the's brain symptoms started and again, it was the day manual traction to my neck also caused tingling and numbness in my lips for a week. Please advise if able?