brain spot
Recently began having pins and needles in left forearm and into hand, severe hand tremors(shakes) in both hands, numbness in left side of face, heavy tongue at times , increase in saliva and now headaches, accompanied by pain in left arm from bicep to fingertips. fatigue and a loss of strength, Had MRI which showed large spot 4.5cm x 3.5cm with apparent large ring around spot, having another MRI on june 26th and a brain wave test, blood work normal, blood pressure normal. I have been told that ms usually shows as multiple spots not just one large area, is this true? Very worried about ms or Lou Gehrigs, It is nerve racking waiting for results, My symptoms come and go all day long with the headaches now becoming more frequent, Also told ms usually does not come and go like this?
Thanks NE kingston
Hi there.

It is rather rare for MS or other demyelinating brain diseases to present with lesions this large.  Usually MS would present with small periventricular spots and not a large spot such as this.  For lesions this large, other possibilities that I can think of would be a brain infection such as an abscess formation, or a primary brain mass/tumor.  I suggest that you show this to your doctors as soon as feasible.  For now have adequate rest and avoid too much stress.

Wishing you the best.  Regards and God bless.