Neurology Expert Forum
brain volume loss

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

brain volume loss

I had a CT brain, could you explain me what it means: some volume loss in the superior vermian region  fossa considering the patient 's age. I am 43 There may be a small region of nonspecific  encephalomacia in the inferior medial aspect of the right cerebellar hemisphere on axial image.
I had a Mri of the brain two years ago that also showed mild degree of volume loss and borderline tonsillar ectopia for mild Chiari I malformation . No distiortion of the cervicomedullary juction.
My neurologist consider that there is nothing to worry about it and treat my migraines with Zomig and Inderal.
Should I ask for a second opinion?
the reason that the Ct scan of the brain was performed was because I had almost a car accident and I got so scare that a had a sharp pain with high blood pressure  150/98.
thanks for your opinion
A related discussion, Volume LOss was started.