brain
Thank you Dr. Abhijeet Dashmukh.

The child actually stopped going to school since last month because she is having problem remembering so many things including her classroom location. She used to exel in school but now even simple instruction she cant follow and she forgets all her lessons. Are these things related to her having constant attacks? Is there a chance of her going back to school?
Hi.

There is a progressive deterioration of her academic and cognitive achievements. Cerebral atrophy is responsible for this to a large extent. Certain cortical areas are responsible for higher functions such as memory, thinking, decision making, executive functioning, etc.

Some part in the damage is played by the epileptic attacks. It is very important to control the epilepsy. We can not do much about the atrophy. The remaining brain / cortical tissue can be retrained, though; it is a long process and requires commitment.

It is sad that she had to stop school. Can she do her routine household activities?

Regards
Sir, thank you so much. If you can only see the face of my friend while reading your response. I know that it will not make her daughter better but you have helped her understand the child's condition.Now she's at rest that her daughter is suffering a lot of things because of  epilepsy and not because of other health problems.

There are times that child is not able to dress herself properly but for a week now, she's doing well at home.