Neurology Community
breast buzzing/vibrating

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

breast buzzing/vibrating

Hi, for the past five days, I have been experiencing an odd sensation in my left breast. It feels like a cell phone is vibrating inside of my breast. It could also be described as a buzzing or bubbling feeling. It happens for 3-5 seconds, and it occurs every 1 to 10 minutes. I should mention I am pregnant, but I feel this could be more nerve or muscle related. Please tell me what this could be. It is driving me crazy. I have called my doctor's office, and was told it was probably a muscle twitch and nothing could be done. Thanks.
Be sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins.  Add something to your diet that's high in potassium.  Not only are bananas a good source, but also raisins, dried Apricots, Prunes, Zante Currants, beans, nuts (don't overdue Brazil nuts because you can get too much selenium), and seeds.  If you don't like any of those, google high-potassium foods.  

If it's not a vitamin deficiency, it's probably from alignment changes of pregnancy.  Mid back pain/rib cage pain is common. As the belly expands the ribs expand to make more room for your lungs. This can also contribute to mid back pain. Try the constructive rest position for pregnancy.

Lie down on your back, with you lower legs supported on an ottoman. You want your legs to have about a ninety degree angle at the hips and the knees.

Allow your arms to rest comfortably out to the side (T shape). You might feel slight stretch in your chest muscles, and this is OK. If your chest is very tight and the stretch is too intense, then lower the angle of your arms.

In this position, perform centered breathing. Inhale slowly and deeply, expanding your rib cage in all dimensions as much as you can. Try to over-inflate your lungs a little bit. In your mind's eye watch your lungs fill up and push your ribs outward. (Don't push your belly outward.)

Hold the deep inhale for a second or two. Exhale naturally. Just let go of the work. Don't try to extend the exhale or blow outward, you want the exhale to be completely passive. Your ribs and back muscle will drop naturally on this exhale.

Breath normally for 10 breaths or so, then repeat the deep, extended inhale.

Spend about 5 minutes or so in this position alternating natural breathing with centered breathing to relieve back pain.