Neurology Community
bruising and numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

bruising and numbness

I'm not sure what catagory to put this under, but my question is: I went on a hiking trip and I tripped and fell over a guardrail. I hit really hard coming down. I have a huge bruise on my left calf and the whole top layer of the bruise is kinda numb. It feels like it's asleep. I was just wondering if this is normal or if I should go get it checked out. I feel dumb about going to a doctor for a bruise. I would appreciate any input. Thanks
Avatar n tn
I only give my input if I know, but if you ever have a question or doubt, go to the dr. that is what they are there for, better to go there and fix something before it goes wrong. That is easier than trying to fix it afterward. Just my opinion.