Neurology Community
burning, numbness in legs,arms,hand feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I had an episode 2 and half years ago after i gave birth that my tonuge felt numb and had tingling of arms and legs. After a few weeks it went away.I just had my second child 9 weeks ago and for the last 8 weeks i have the same thing but more intense. My legs feel like they are on fire and feet and hands are tingly. Also tongue is numb and it all get worse when i lay down. Also the worst thing is that i have internal shaking. It feels like my whold body is shaking or vibrating in teh inside. Its is soo bad that I can't sleep most night cause it wakes me up. I also have constant rectal pressure and pains in the sides of my abdomen. I also feel like i have something stuck in my throad but had a barium x-ray and came back fine. All of these things are making it so i can barely function throughout the day. Does anyone have any insight of what it could be?

This discussion is related to Arms and Legs Tingle,Burn, Numbness.
I am having some of the burning in my shins and fore arms which also have been rashy.  Doc said I have some sort of sun allergy but the burning I'm not sure of as it just started.  He also mentioned Diabetes could cause that.  I am so confused.  I also have what I call "tremors" when I wake up or start to go to sleep.  No clue.  

Hope someone out there is having same thing.
A few months after I had my second child 1997 I woke up and it felt like my hands were asleep. It moved to my legs and was extremely painful.I was treated at the ER and sent home.Didn't happen again until 2004, 8 months after my 3rd child. I was told I had carpel tunnel syndrom (syndrome) but the Dr. could not tell me why it was in my legs. I have been to may Dr.'s and to the ER several times since then because it just keeps getting worse. My husband says I act like I am 80 yrs old and I am only 35. I finally saw a Dr. last week who said I may have Peripheral Neuropathy. I asked what caused it and was advised that many things can.I am scheduled for an MRI. She told me that child birth can cause because of the pressure on our nerves at in the lower back. This is the first time I was told anything about what could be wrong with me. Many doctors have told me this was in my head or acted like I was just wanting pain meds. It's horrible to go through. I have felt so alone for so long in dealing with this. It hurts so much to want to play with my children but afraid to because I know the next day I won't be able to move.I hate being afraid to pick something up because I am terrified of the burning pains that will follow.Some days I am fine.Night time is the worst. I can't sleep because of the pain. This last dr put me on celebrex, a muscle relaxer and prescription strength ibruprophen.I am starting to worry about my liver due to me taking tylenol so much when I hurt, I know that I can take tylenol and ibuprophen at the same time first dose then alternate. She also gave me tylenol 3 but the codein makes me stay awake. I hope the mri shows something, I was told that nerve damage can show in the mri.Anyways, my point is to be persistent with your dr. Dont let them blow you off, and if one doesnt want to help find another.Keep a list of the medications you are taking, bring any research you find to your appointments.I am glad I found this site and now I know I am not alone.If anyone else has gone through this and been told they have this please let me know.
Hi, what about your blood calcium and electrolyte levels, if not done recently, better get it done as hypocalemia i.e low calcium levels leads to similar symptoms. This could be neuropathy also, drugs like gabapentin,etc are helpful. Do consult neurologist if the symptoms don’t fade off in 3-4 weeks.
I am still having symptoms but now i am in alot of pain. Have major pain in neck and back of head, that goes in my arms and legs. I have burning now in my chest and arms and still have the internal tremors. Doctors keep putting me aside saying that they t hink i have postpartum depression and put me on meds.  They aren't working and just feel like I am getting worse. SO scared and I have had my electrolytes just checked, this has been going on for over 3 months. I am in alot of pain and have been on gabapentin and found it did nothing.