burning behind knee.
I HAVE A BURNING BEHIND MY KNEE WHAT COULD THIS BE. it seems to be when i am relaxed
I am here as a lay community member but I have to post for you because I run a cardiovascular imaging lab as my profession and I see so many patients with your complaint.  Their doc sends them I "let's make sure it's not a blood clot" because unilateral leg pain with no other apparent cause IS a symptom for deep vein thrombosis.  Of my general patient population (that means NO significant risk factor like cancer or recent surgery) only about 5 to 6 percent actually have a blood clot.  But if you have a concern or ANY risk factor, see about getting checked out-google stop the clot for risk factor and symptom list.  However, a very frequent incidental finding, something ultrasound folks affectionately call "lumps&bumps"- is a Baker's cyst.  These are essentially a little pinch of the capsule that cushions your joint-plus the fluid inside it-that has bulged out the back side of the knee join.  Can cause pain,burning,swelling, or be symptomless, usually behind the knee, often also in the calf.  The fluid inside the cyst is not supposed to roam freely in our bodies, so if it ruptures the response can be mild for a small cyst or wicked for a big one.  I have seen a few docs drain off fluid, but not often. They usually say advil antiinflam of choice and whatever makes you comfortable-ice or heat.  People with arthritis are more prone to Baker's cysts.  Hope this helps!