burning pain down both legs, muscles very fatigued
To make a long story short, I had problems with my neck and upper back, and legs after rear-end accident with semi-truck. Went to physical therapy for a long time. Have been going to chiropracter for over 6 months now. However, ever since the accident happened. I had lower back and leg problems. For the first year I would have extreme burning pain down both my legs front and back, in pain sitting or standing. I tried talking with doctors, was always passed up for muscle spasms. Now, 3 yrs later, I still have the pain, but also, numbness in feet, and my leg muscles including my gluteus maximus(burning pain there) are very fatigued. My mucles in my legs also twich frequently. It is almost impossible to walk up my stairs to the apartment. I limp almost everyday, and have fallen a few times. I did finally get in to Kaiser's physical medicine department once more, and they ordered an MRI on my lumbar region. I'm hoping for the results in a few days. However, my chiropractor believes this might be neurological(brain) and the MRI might not show anything. What do you guys think?
sorry, I hit post twice :(
What were your results of the MRI of the Lower back. It sounds like cauda equina synrome or a large broad based disk herniation compressing on the nerve tissue in the lumbar spine region. They should have referred you out for an MRI od hte L/S after that type of motor vehicle accident shortly after receiving treament from any specialist. Please e-mail back with your results if you get this e-mail.
Sincerely,
Billy
I am having the same symptoms of muscles burning and twitching in both thighs and twitching in my calves, also my feet ache constantly. I am 56 but am very active both in work and socially. I still play soccer, but now my muscles tighten up when playing sports. I have had no accidents or falls. I have had a bulging disc in my lower back 4 years ago, but no problems with it since. have been to see my doctor and had blood tests done and were all ok