Neurology Expert Forum
burning pain in leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

burning pain in leg

My concern is that I get episodes of constant burning pain in my left outer calf and tingling in my right outer leg. Several years ago I had a hysterectomy and developed intestinal adhesions. These adhesions cause me to become constipated at times and my colon presses against my spine, thus causing the nerve problems in my legs. I also have mild osteoporosis and injured my lower back a few years ago playing golf, but otherwise, my back rarely bothers me. I'm female and 45. My question is, should I be concerned enough about this to see a doctor? Thank you for your time.
This could certainly represent a pinched nerve(s) in the lower back or perhaps a peripheral neuropathy given that the problem is on both sides. If the symptoms have been a significant problem, are getting worse, or you just want to know what's going on, then I would recommend seeing a neurologist for a formal examination. Personally, I would favor getting medical attention for the problem just in case it's something that's treatable and to prevent worsening of the symptoms. Depending on the neurologist finds, you may need an MRI of the spine or an EMG to help figure out where the problem is. Talk to your primary care doc about getting a referral. Good luck.
Debb,
Absolutely!! They should do an MRI. When I had one done, they discovered that it was because my discs were swollen in my back and laying on top of the nerves. Thus, the leg burning - even though I am not experiencing back pain at this time.  Epidural shots sometimes can relieve that.
This is not quite the same thing but I can't seem to be able to post a seperate question. I get terrible tingling and cramping in my legs. It is usually worse at night especially when I try to lay down.I also get them whem I take certain meds that have a sleep aid in them (excedrin PM), antihistimines or some antidepresssion meds (remeron). I am a recovering drug addict, my choice was oxycontin and percocets. Can anyone tell me what causes this or if I did this damage from my drug use. The creepy crawly feeling is unbearable. Thanks
Sorry that I can't help you with your problem, but I can tell you to try posting a question every 15 minutes or half hour between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.  The forum only takes two questions per day and that's the time of day when I've been able to post.

Good Luck.  
(Look up Restless Leg Syndrome in the search area, see if that sounds like what you're experiencing.)
Hi im very worried im 19 and for the past 3 weeks i've been getting tiwiching all over my body not at the same time but, sometimes in my calfs then my left arm right arm face sometimes now i feel this 24/7 burning in my left calf my mom is diagoned with als im worried that i also have this diease...PLZ ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME INFO ON WHAT THEY THINK I HAVE...
I recently had a cyst removed from my ovary because I was having pain coming from my back going down to my legs. Three weeks later I'm having pain in my left thigh and it is not going away. When I put pressure down on it, it's hurt worse than ever. What can this be? Do I have a blood clot? I don't see anything on my thigh, it just hurts.
MY grandmother has severe burning sensation in his hands and legs.  She can barely lift her legs to walk and sometimes they give out and she falls.  Sometimes they swell and they tighten.  She has had acupuncture, gone to a neurologist, and other doctors and no one can help her.  Can you please help me!!!!!
Thanx

Also I have had hip pain for about 3 years.. It is always swollen and sometimes more than others and when it gets really swollen it hurts.  I am 19 years of age now and i have had MRI's and a CAT scan.  No one knows what it is can you please help me.....
Thanx
Thanx

MY grandmother has severe burning sensation in his hands and legs.  She can barely lift her legs to walk and sometimes they give out and she falls.  Sometimes they swell and they tighten.  She has had acupuncture, gone to a neurologist. Can you please help me!!!!!
Thanx

I have severe burning sensation in his hands and legs.  She can barely lift her legs to walk and sometimes they give out and she falls.  Sometimes they swell and they tighten.  She has had acupuncture, gone to a neurologist. Can you please help me!!!!!
Thanx