Neurology Community
burning pain in shoulders

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

burning pain in shoulders

I have a burning type pain in my upper back around the shoulder area and between the shoulders.  It feels like a sunburn.  I even asked my husdand if my back was red or irritated looking.  It is a constant burning.  What could this be?
Avatar n tn
Hi Steffie,
Your symptoms of pain, tingling and numbness could be due to neuropathy. Your symptom of burning could be due nerve compression or nerve dysfunction.
This pathology of burning could be due to Diabetes, Prediabetes, Vitamin deficiency, and altered blood pressure status, any nutritional deficiency, and abnormal endocrine status, compression of nerve or impingement of nerve at time of exit from Vertebrae.
I think you need consult a physician for further evaluation if your symptoms are annoying.
You can get basic investigation done for above mentioned pathology to see if any pathology exists.
Bye.
Over the last ten years I've suffered from a severe burning pain in my back near the inside edge of the left shoulder blade. Recently the pain occurs when I am walking or standing for ten minutes or more. I can get some relief by bending forward from the waist but the relief is only momentary. I've brought the condition to the attention of two different doctors but their attitude can best be described as dismissive.