Neurology Community
burning scalp

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

burning scalp

i have burning of the scalp and hair loss can u help
i have the same problem . but i get bump also , and soreness of the scalp i've been to so many doctors an till today they don't know what its causing it  i'm also looking for some help
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Causes of burning scalp and hair loss are- Folliculitis, Yeast and fungal infections of the scalp, Psoriasis and dandruff, and Burning scalp syndrome. The triggers for the condition are- iron deficiency, abnormal thyroid levels, hormonal imbalance; and the scalp's health. Please consult a dermatologist for examination, diagnosis of the condition and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

Hi!  I also am suffering with scalp pain!  I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis for several years.  I also had a thyroidectomy about 17 years ago.  My doctors, a internal medicine doc and my rheumatologist have both checked my thyroid levels and they were normal.  I have noticed the last year, that my eyes are extremely sensitive to any light, as well, my scalp hurts on the crown and I've also lost a lot of my hair.  I take embrel injections for the arthritis and have not been taking the methotrexate for several months due to it making me feel ill.  I'm so very frustrated and get very little as far as what this could be caused from.  I also have right jaw pain and my neck if sore.  ANY suggestions would be good ones for me at this point.  Thank you!  KC
Hi Knitwitttty - Your post could have been mine!!! I have the exact same problems and you and instead of getting better, things are getting worse. I don't know how much longer I can stand the pain and hair loss!!! I have a sore neck also and have been noticing that I have increased hives along the back of my neck which cause a pulling sensation somewhat like a worm would feel under the skin. The top of my head is so painful and I am losing my hair more and more. This causes a vicious cycle of anxiety, which I do suffer from also. I'm hoping someone will read this and help me. I'm lost and in very much pain. Thank you.
I also want to say that my eyesight is worsening and very sensitive to the light. There is just too much to deal with, with all these problems !!!