burning sensation
For several months, I have had a burning pain in a small area on my skin near my hip. no rash, no bruising, nothing is there. If i pull on the skin slightly or even when my clothes rub against it, it "burns". started suddenly and is off an on for months now. sometimes sensation is really bad. Could it be nerve related?
I have a particular interest in all the postings on this forum relating to burning. Not to look lightly on any other issues others have on this site, just something I can certainly relate to. I was diagnosed with Meralgia Paresthetica (pinched nerve in the pelvic area). I suffered not just burning but what I refer to as excruciating burning. Best description I can give is a pan with hot oil on stove poured onto your leg and then the hot pan placed against your leg. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE. Doctors indicate its caused by tight fitting (in the waist) clothing, tool belts, overweight (usually obese). I was treated for several months and still have numbness in both thighs and was told by two doctors that this will probably last atleast a year. Just thought I'd give you alittle history on me since you complain of burning and in the hip area. Good luck to you.
By the way, I am not a doctor but have learned alot with what I suffered with so when you ask is it nerves? I would say there probably is a better chance that it is nerve related than not.