Neurology Community
burning sensation
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning sensation

For several months, I have had a burning pain in a small area on my skin near my hip. no rash, no bruising, nothing is there. If i pull on the skin slightly or even when my clothes rub against it, it "burns". started suddenly and is off an on for months now. sometimes sensation is really bad. Could it be nerve related?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have a particular interest in all the postings on this forum relating to burning. Not to look lightly on any other issues others have on this site, just something I can certainly relate to. I was diagnosed with Meralgia Paresthetica (pinched nerve in the pelvic area). I suffered not just burning but what I refer to as excruciating burning. Best description I can give is a pan with hot oil on stove poured onto your leg and then the hot pan placed against your leg. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS LIKE. Doctors indicate its caused by tight fitting (in the waist) clothing, tool belts, overweight (usually obese). I was treated for several months and still have numbness in both thighs and was told by two doctors that this will probably last atleast a year. Just thought I'd give you alittle history on me since you complain of burning and in the hip area. Good luck to you.
Blank
Blank
By the way, I am not a doctor but have learned alot with what I suffered with so when you ask is it nerves? I would say there probably is a better chance that it is nerve related than not.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...