Neurology Community
burning sensation all over the body
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning sensation all over the body

My father had a burning sensation all over his body.  he is been suffering from this condition for many years.  His PCP had done a lot of tests and nothing, all the results came normal.  My father to relieve his burning sensation takes colder shower very cold almost freezing showers. He can't sleep and can't work, he doesn't know what to do if you can help us with an answer.  thank you..

This discussion is related to extreme burning sensation all over my body-I am a 29 yr. old Asian female!.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi

Thanks for writing in.
Burning sensation all over the body may be due to peripheral neuropathy, renal failure, cholestatic liver disease. Peripheral neuropathy can result from such problems as traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic problems and exposure to toxins such as diabetes, alcoholism, vitamin B12 deficiency, hypothyroidism, certain drugs, SLE, HIV / AIDS and many other causes.

Hypothyroidism symptoms include sensitivity to cold and heat, depression, weight gain, exhaustion, poor memory, skin pallor, palpitations, constipation, lethargy, loss of hair, low pulse rate, male impotence, and brittle nails among several others.

Peripheral neuropathy pain typically is described as tingling or burning, while the loss of sensation often is in a glove and stocking distribution. You should get this evaluated by a consultant so that necessary tests can be done. These include vitaminB12 levels, complete blood count, blood sugar levels, and thyroid function tests.

Take care

Blank
592589_tn?1246012993
My name is Tony,
This is in regard to your medical advice on "burning sensation all over my body" l feel you were talking about me. My PCP is tired of doing so many test and according to him they are all negative and refer me to Dr. Paul Dash at Johns Hopkins Hospital, dept. of
Nuerology. He did several test and all came back negative. l am fustrated with this problem. Could you let me know which city you are, so l can come over to consult with you. My started in 1980s on my feet and  now is all over my body. it feels like l am being roasted in a fire place. Then, this sharp piercing pain below my left rib cage. l am writing this e-mail because the burning sensation woke me up early as usual. l am 44yrs old.  Dr. Smita, l honestly do not know how long l am going to go on like this. My hair that has fallen out has refuse to grow back and the ignorant bunch l run into in Baltimore, MD here think l have a cautigous disease and they avoid me.
PLEASE HELP ME. l am dying slowly. my e-mail address is below. Let me know how l can reach you. l will travel anywhere to find a solution to this problem.
e-mail: ***@****
Thank you.  
Blank
i am suffering with burning skin sensations , it on my left inner thigh i do not no what this is please can anyone help it feels like boiling water has been poured on me tracey
Blank
I Am New On This Site . For THe Last Week I Have Been Having Burning All Over  more so in my back and chest wAll. i was diognosed with fibromyalgia. they say burning feelings come with that i have had this for 18 years but never felt it until now i was bitten by a tick about a month ago. and also have been stressed realy bad from losing my sister 6 months ago  i dont know what is happing to my body all i know is its worse cant sleep the burning is so bad and have hot and cold chills. my doctor wont try me on hormone pills becouse i have cist in my breast please help. shelia...
Blank
Shelia get tested asap for Lyme disease.  Your tick bite and symptoms are indicative of that.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...