burning sensation all over the body
My father had a burning sensation all over his body.  he is been suffering from this condition for many years.  His PCP had done a lot of tests and nothing, all the results came normal.  My father to relieve his burning sensation takes colder shower very cold almost freezing showers. He can't sleep and can't work, he doesn't know what to do if you can help us with an answer.  thank you..

This discussion is related to extreme burning sensation all over my body-I am a 29 yr. old Asian female!.

Thanks for writing in.
Burning sensation all over the body may be due to peripheral neuropathy, renal failure, cholestatic liver disease. Peripheral neuropathy can result from such problems as traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic problems and exposure to toxins such as diabetes, alcoholism, vitamin B12 deficiency, hypothyroidism, certain drugs, SLE, HIV / AIDS and many other causes.

Hypothyroidism symptoms include sensitivity to cold and heat, depression, weight gain, exhaustion, poor memory, skin pallor, palpitations, constipation, lethargy, loss of hair, low pulse rate, male impotence, and brittle nails among several others.

Peripheral neuropathy pain typically is described as tingling or burning, while the loss of sensation often is in a glove and stocking distribution. You should get this evaluated by a consultant so that necessary tests can be done. These include vitaminB12 levels, complete blood count, blood sugar levels, and thyroid function tests.

Take care

My name is Tony,
This is in regard to your medical advice on "burning sensation all over my body" l feel you were talking about me. My PCP is tired of doing so many test and according to him they are all negative and refer me to Dr. Paul Dash at Johns Hopkins Hospital, dept. of
Nuerology. He did several test and all came back negative. l am fustrated with this problem. Could you let me know which city you are, so l can come over to consult with you. My started in 1980s on my feet and  now is all over my body. it feels like l am being roasted in a fire place. Then, this sharp piercing pain below my left rib cage. l am writing this e-mail because the burning sensation woke me up early as usual. l am 44yrs old.  Dr. Smita, l honestly do not know how long l am going to go on like this. My hair that has fallen out has refuse to grow back and the ignorant bunch l run into in Baltimore, MD here think l have a cautigous disease and they avoid me.
PLEASE HELP ME. l am dying slowly. my e-mail address is below. Let me know how l can reach you. l will travel anywhere to find a solution to this problem.
e-mail: ***@****
Thank you.  
i am suffering with burning skin sensations , it on my left inner thigh i do not no what this is please can anyone help it feels like boiling water has been poured on me tracey
I Am New On This Site . For THe Last Week I Have Been Having Burning All Over  more so in my back and chest wAll. i was diognosed with fibromyalgia. they say burning feelings come with that i have had this for 18 years but never felt it until now i was bitten by a tick about a month ago. and also have been stressed realy bad from losing my sister 6 months ago  i dont know what is happing to my body all i know is its worse cant sleep the burning is so bad and have hot and cold chills. my doctor wont try me on hormone pills becouse i have cist in my breast please help. shelia...
Shelia get tested asap for Lyme disease.  Your tick bite and symptoms are indicative of that.  
Start having this about 2 weeks ago...sitting in church...arms just all of a sudden turned red and started burning...went away before I got home...didn't think about it anymore...until today...sitting in recliner and all of a sudden face and neck started burning horribly...by by the time I got to the doctor my whole body was that way...went in Urgent Care crying...the nurse said my skin was hot to the touch
What did they end up telling you it was?
I go through this every day.Tramsdol 10mg helps alot. Please ask your doctor for this pill or any other good pain killer. Please ask for it. It's hard to live with this pain every day. I do understand what you guys are going through. Take care.