burning sensation all over the body
My father had a burning sensation all over his body.  he is been suffering from this condition for many years.  His PCP had done a lot of tests and nothing, all the results came normal.  My father to relieve his burning sensation takes colder shower very cold almost freezing showers. He can't sleep and can't work, he doesn't know what to do if you can help us with an answer.  thank you..

This discussion is related to extreme burning sensation all over my body-I am a 29 yr. old Asian female!.

Thanks for writing in.
Burning sensation all over the body may be due to peripheral neuropathy, renal failure, cholestatic liver disease. Peripheral neuropathy can result from such problems as traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic problems and exposure to toxins such as diabetes, alcoholism, vitamin B12 deficiency, hypothyroidism, certain drugs, SLE, HIV / AIDS and many other causes.

Hypothyroidism symptoms include sensitivity to cold and heat, depression, weight gain, exhaustion, poor memory, skin pallor, palpitations, constipation, lethargy, loss of hair, low pulse rate, male impotence, and brittle nails among several others.

Peripheral neuropathy pain typically is described as tingling or burning, while the loss of sensation often is in a glove and stocking distribution. You should get this evaluated by a consultant so that necessary tests can be done. These include vitaminB12 levels, complete blood count, blood sugar levels, and thyroid function tests.

Take care

My name is Tony,
This is in regard to your medical advice on "burning sensation all over my body" l feel you were talking about me. My PCP is tired of doing so many test and according to him they are all negative and refer me to Dr. Paul Dash at Johns Hopkins Hospital, dept. of
Nuerology. He did several test and all came back negative. l am fustrated with this problem. Could you let me know which city you are, so l can come over to consult with you. My started in 1980s on my feet and  now is all over my body. it feels like l am being roasted in a fire place. Then, this sharp piercing pain below my left rib cage. l am writing this e-mail because the burning sensation woke me up early as usual. l am 44yrs old.  Dr. Smita, l honestly do not know how long l am going to go on like this. My hair that has fallen out has refuse to grow back and the ignorant bunch l run into in Baltimore, MD here think l have a cautigous disease and they avoid me.
PLEASE HELP ME. l am dying slowly. my e-mail address is below. Let me know how l can reach you. l will travel anywhere to find a solution to this problem.
e-mail: ***@****
Thank you.  
i am suffering with burning skin sensations , it on my left inner thigh i do not no what this is please can anyone help it feels like boiling water has been poured on me tracey
I Am New On This Site . For THe Last Week I Have Been Having Burning All Over  more so in my back and chest wAll. i was diognosed with fibromyalgia. they say burning feelings come with that i have had this for 18 years but never felt it until now i was bitten by a tick about a month ago. and also have been stressed realy bad from losing my sister 6 months ago  i dont know what is happing to my body all i know is its worse cant sleep the burning is so bad and have hot and cold chills. my doctor wont try me on hormone pills becouse i have cist in my breast please help. shelia...
Shelia get tested asap for Lyme disease.  Your tick bite and symptoms are indicative of that.  
Start having this about 2 weeks ago...sitting in church...arms just all of a sudden turned red and started burning...went away before I got home...didn't think about it anymore...until today...sitting in recliner and all of a sudden face and neck started burning horribly...by by the time I got to the doctor my whole body was that way...went in Urgent Care crying...the nurse said my skin was hot to the touch
What did they end up telling you it was?
I go through this every day.Tramsdol 10mg helps alot. Please ask your doctor for this pill or any other good pain killer. Please ask for it. It's hard to live with this pain every day. I do understand what you guys are going through. Take care.
I have this hot burning sensation all over my body..It feels like you are burning up with the Flu,Which is what i thought at first.But had no temp.It was  97.7..It has been going on now almost a year..At first it was off and on.would have it then it would go away for a week or more and as time went by it has got closer together,and now its every day..The only thing that calms it down is Tramodol 50mg, which i accidently found that out..I have had Hormone testing done as well as all Thyroid test and just had Nuerology testing done and still nothing.My eyes ,ears and face and all over my whole body Burn..It is driving me crazy.The Tramodol ony last at the most 4 to 5 hrs..Anyone that can offer any help will be greatly appreciated.
I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR ALL OF YOU TO TRY OUT....

Bear with me, I know this is a long post..

I just wanted to let anyone know that might read this that I've been dealing with similar symptoms for almost a year now and think I have stumbled onto something that helps. The burning/skin sensations can definitely make you feel like you are living through hell. My symptoms range from prickly skin sensations that jump around all over my body to full on burning sensations all over my skin, basically everywhere on my body...for which the best description is a sunburned feeling. The burning would come on midday and progressively get worse throughout the night, and strangely I would feel almost no burning after I went to bed and woke up the next morning. However, my symptoms progressed further and eventually there were a lot of days where it was constant, from morning until night.

****I think (fingers crossed) I have stumbled onto some breakthroughs for me. First, I had figured out early on (thankfully) that dairy was a big trigger for my symptoms. To the point that if I accidentally had some dairy without knowing, I could pinpoint that it had to have been in a certain food because the symptoms came on, and sure enough when I checked labels..it was. I'm not talking just simply no milk, cheese, butter, etc...you have to pay attention to labels of any prepackaged foods or foods you didn't prepare. You would be surprised at how many things dairy are in (like progresso italian bread crumbs??). All packaged store foods have a label that list allergens and will say if something contains dairy, or in some cases you have to read all the ingredients carefully because it might be listed in the ingredients as whey, or casein, etc. By cutting out dairy completely, that significantly reduced my symptoms.

Cutting out dairy helped a TON, but I was still having the same symptoms that again progressed in spite of no dairy. I'll point out that I also deal with gastritis and came across some information that talked about how people with compromised stomachs can develop histamine intolerance. I suspect that might be what is happening for me. I did some further digging into natural ways to remedy this and found out about quercetin, which is a natural antihistamine supplement. A lot of people take this for stomach issues as well and I have read about it countless times and decided to give it a try. I started taking 1 capsule three times a day (morning before a meal, midday before dinner and before bed). **I don't know if the brand matters, but if any of you are curious, I got the Now brand that is combined quercetin with bromelain. And the size is 400mg per capsule.

Again, fingers crossed that I don't jinx this by writing about it, but my symptoms have significantly improved since I started doing this. Please use caution when doing this, because I did read some information that high doses long term can cause kidney problems but I believe it was much higher than the amount I was taking. I have since cut back to only one capsule in the morning usually and still seem to be doing ok. Maybe talk to a doctor before you do this (although they will probably advise against anything that there isn't a ton of research on). I am taking my chances tho because it has helped.  

I sincerely hope this will help even just one person on here, because I know how much this can affect your life. It really breaks you physically and mentally when you deal with a chronic issue like this, I have been there. My heart goes out to all of you that you figure out something that helps. Keep reading forums and never give up trying new remedies you come across. Best of luck to all of you.

I guess I will also add that I stopped wearing eye makeup around the same time I started the quercetin. My eyelids were burning and stinging a lot and I was having a lot of eyelashes fall out, so I decided to try not wearing makeup and it took those eye symptoms away significantly. I think the odds are better that it's the quercetin that's helping the rest of my skin, but I suppose I should point out that it could be either thing since I started both things around the same time.