Neurology Community
burning sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

burning sensation

Hello

I am swetha,from hyderabad,i need some help from u all
my mother kamala,age-50 is feeling burning sensation all trrough her body and in the head(like very hot inside the brain) during this burning sensation she finds BP is increased and sweating in the head and burning sesation while she passes urine and she doesnt gets sleep in nights due to this ,and this is more in the night than compared to day
and many others,so plz do reply me back if any cure or remedy for this problem or if u can suggest any doctor
i wish to know the details of the doctor
thanking u

Your mother might be undergoing menopause as all the symptoms mentioned by you co-relate with the onset of menopause. It is a gradual process and a transition period for every woman.

The average age of menopause onset is 51 years old, but menopause may occur as early as the 30s or as late as the 60s. Also there is no reliable lab test to predict when a woman will experience menopause.

The symptoms associated are irregular vaginal bleeding, hot flashes & night sweats, emotional and cognitive symptoms, vaginal symptoms, urinary symptoms and some other physical changes.

Since menopause itself is a normal part of life and not a disease that requires treatment. However, treatment of associated symptoms may be undertaken for relief. The treatment options available are hormone therapy (estrogen and progesterone therapy), some antidepressant (SSRI) for controlling the symptoms of hot flashes. Vitamin E is also said to be helpful in alleviating the hot flashes.

You should consult a gynecologist for a complete evaluation through medical history and examination.

Regards