burning thumb tip
I have nail fungus on my thumb. I also get and intense burning on the tip of that finger followed but the skin splitting and chapping. The Dr. said there wasn't anything to be done about the fungus but I didn't have the burning when  saw him. What would cause this? It's very painful.

This discussion is related to Burning sensation in finger tips!.
Hi there!

While the nail fungus may not be responsible for the finger tip burning, this could be causes due to an infection as well. Other possibilities that may need to be considered include neuropathies, vascular issues, inflammations, allergies etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. I would also suggest getting the nail fungus adequately treated by a dermatologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!