burning,tingling pain in shoulder blade
About 3wks ago I had an URI, now I am having burning,tingling pain in my left shoulder blade,,I went to my local ER and they said I had a pulled mussel in my lung from the URI,, they put me on naporson and flexaril,,, but now I'm having the burning tingling going down the left side of my body and my left arm is having bad cramps all down it...
Thank you for your question. I think this may be a pulled muscle that is compressing nerves either at shoulder or cervical spine. This pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.