buzzing in head
I have had a buzzing in my head foe the last two weeks, do you know what causes this and should I see my Doctor.  Please advise

This discussion is related to Head Buzzing.
Welcome to the neurology forum of medhelp. Thanks for writing in. you are having tinnitus where one hears noises in the ears when there is no outside source. It could be a symptom in any of the ear conditions like ear infections, foreign objects or ear wax, injury from loud noises. It could also be due to alcohol, caffeine, antibiotics, aspirin if you are taking and other drugs. It may also point towards anemia, high blood pressure or an allergy. Rarely something as serious as an aneurysm may be causing it. Try to relax and avoid offending drinks like caffeine, alcohol etc. try to sleep with your head propped up. Consult an otolaryngologist if you hear these unexplained noises  despite the self help measures. If there is associated dizziness, nausea or feeling off balance or if you had a head injury before these noises started. I hope this information helps. Feel free to contact me for any further query. Take care.
hi i am having this whistling -hissing sound in my head(not ears) had it consistanty for 6 months,never goes away i have it 24/7
it is getting worse and getting me down i can play a tune with the same noise  by moving my jaw to right
can hear same noise moving my jaw to the left
also on eating as soon as i move my mouth to eat it still whistles or hisses
on hovering the room as the vacium cleaner gets loud so is the noise in my head gets louder,it is unbearable.i hear it even as i am sending this message
i have told many doctors-nurses about this but no one seems to have a answer
i have had a scan on my brain .it is all clear , i need help urgently please try to help.i wonder if this is due to stopping drinking beer after 50 years 7 cans every day of every week  after my consultant found out i had enlarged liver
but was never  told to stop drinking straight away. never said i had to stop drinking slowly but i have been free for 8 months not touched a drop wich is very good.but then all this happens plus cannot think  and forget things,and balance loss,now doctor says i have severe artritus in my hands ,is it all to do with stopping drinking,i has all come at once,HELP URGENT,my address is number 24 handsworth road,kettlethrope wakefield wf27pg,bye