Neurology Expert Forum
buzzing in lower back and headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

buzzing in lower back and headache

For the past year, every day I've had a moderate dull pressure headache.    I've also had bouts of dizziness/spinning (nystagmus included).  

I have also had a history even well before the headache started, of occasional severe/disabling back pain in the same exact location each time (mid thoracic spine).  Sometimes, I can just bend down to pick up a pencil and it strikes and lasts several days where I can barely move around or walk. It feels like it knocks the breath out of me when I try to walk and I just collapse.  Doctor insisted it was just "muscular".   But its funny to me that it's allways in the exact same spot.   Most of the time, I'm not in any kind of pain but when it strikes it is severe.    

I really don't know how this is related to the back pain...BUT...Having said all that, I have started having this strange "buzzing", even without the back pain, that seems to come out of my lower lumbar area, and it spreads all over my lower pelvis, anus and penis area, and even down my hamstrings and calves area.  Even right now as I type this, I have buzzing in my legs.  I have noticed this buzzing more and more lately, even as I type this message I feel it in my left leg.  Sometimes I think notice it more when my headache is at its worse.  My headache never goes away.   I don't know if this relates to it or not.   Again, the buzzing is not a numbness it literally almost feels like something is vibrating deep inside my lumbar, butt area, and legs.

What are your thoughts  doc?
I cannot give you a clinical diagnosis over the internet unfortunately as this website is purely educational

Chronic daily headache is a problem which needs to be tackled aggressively by a headache neurologist with appropraite medications, neck physical therapy (as dizzy/spinning is common when there is a neck trigger), and psychotherapy. Medication overuse needs to be identified (can even occur with tylenol) as it will prevent headaches getting better

the sensation you describe ?poorly localized, vibratory sensation could potentially come from the spinal cord. Flexion or extension of the spin hat produces a shock like sensation down the spin is another sign of spinal cord irriation. Talk to your doctor or neurologist about an MRI of the spine or some common blood tests for spinal disorders or 'myelitis' like vitamin B12, folate, Lyme, HIV.

Good luck
I'm no doctor, but if I had your symptoms I would see a professional. I would wager that your spinal cord is being pressed,
compressed, or pinched.
Sounds to me like you have a neurological issue. Have you had any diagnostic imaging done, such as CT scan? That would give you more information about your spine. See a Dr soon.
I would of course check with your doctor, but I would go and see a good Chriopractor.  I had migraines for over a year and a half and finally I found a good Chiropractor who helped me get rid of the migraines (I had them everyday single day).  I have not had one for almost 2 months and that is a mircle.  I had a neck problem and lower back proplem which is fine now. When I had my migraines the only thing the doctors wanted to do was put me on medicine (forever) and now I have my life back.

Good luck!!