Neurology Community
c-section gone horribly wrong!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

c-section gone horribly wrong!

My name is Nicole,
I under went a c-section back on April 14th that went horribly wrong......to make a long stroy short some how during the surgery my femeral never and the gentel femeral nerve was cut...I am now unable to walk or straighten my left leg. I have also since developed reflex sympathetic in the lower part of my leg that is very painful....Iam under going physo but i have no out look on what my future holds....I am looking for my  a little outlook on what is going on. I understand there are no clear answers but anyuthing would help at this point....

Thank you
Nicole Smith
Tags: painful
Hello Dear,
There is rarely any nerve injury after cesarean section, and nerves often heal along with the skin. However, sometimes, nerves are cut and they do not heal and cause nerve damage. In some cases, the nerve damage can affect a large part of the body or it only affects a small area. It might last for a short time, or it might take a long time
Sometimes additional surgery may be needed.
You should consult a neurologist and take his opinion.
Best
Thank you for the advice.... Im am currently in care of a hospital in Toronto Ontario under the care od a Neurologist. I did have a second surgery 4 days after my c-section where there removed a nerve (not sure which one) but the nerve that was removed had been stichted and had died in that area... What surgery would be be affectvie in this case? I am under going physo and Iam understanding that this will be a long process, I am up for this as Im very strong minding and will not let anything get me down... Things happen for a reason not sure why but life does still go on...Look forward to hear back soon...Once again thank you!
Nicole
Hello Dear,
Did you have some kind of injury during the C section?
What does the surgeon describe to you?
Usually it is not common for a neurological care post C section.
What are the other associated symptoms you have?
Is there any associated bladder weakness?
Is there any sensory loss in some particular area like below umbilicus?
Answer to these questions would be of help.

Take care
Best
My name is Dianne,
I had a C Section March 28th for 3 months after I had severe stinging in my left hip... It seemed to go away and within a few days every muscle in both legs - on the outside of my hips & legs, to the last 2 toes on my feet KILL ME! My ankles are stiff and sometimes swollen. I get plenty of exercise but all is seams to do is make it worse.  I told my OBGYN several times and she just changes the subject. Should I be concerned.... It worries me, but my Husband says not to. He thinks it's because I'm 37 (not as young as I used to be). I need some advice. P.S.This was my 1st child so mabe I am overreacting.
My sister had c-section on August 28th she went for her 2 weeks check up told the doc that she had
a lump exactly where they cut her she give her some steriods  injection and told her to come back in a wek
and she would have to give her more injection after going every week for the infections the lump now is
getting bigger and more painful she went back today only to find out that she have to get surgery
the doctor is not telling her exactly what is wrong with her also she is having severe back pain
can someone help me please I'm so worried for my sister.