Neurology Community
cadasil

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cadasil

i don't see it listed as one of the topics may i ask why. i go through the internet and i see lots of questions about this disease i am one of those people. i have been to two doctor's and they both think it might be cadasil i have all the symptoms accept migraines and strokes. are TIA'S mini strokes if so i have had them. i guess i am looking for an opnion on whether i should get tested or not. i have the numbness. the head pains. i went from 20/20 vision to everything blurry in a hand's reach and still get episodes of like a shade over my eye causing vision problems. my memory is terrrible and i trip on my words sometimes. and feel like i am in a fog most jof the time. can my taste be affected by it too? oh and the white matter on the brain showed up on the mri.

thankyou for listening
Tags: cadasil
Personally, cadasil is a bit beyond me as I am primarily interested in MS. It was easy to look up though, and here's is a good definition by Wikipedia:

CADASIL (cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy) is the most common form of hereditary stroke disorder, and is thought to be caused by mutations of the Notch 3 gene on chromosome 19.[1] The most common clinical manifestations are migraine headaches and transient ischemic attacks or strokes, which usually occur between 40 and 50 years of age, although MRI is able to detect signs of the disease years prior to clinical manifestation of disease.[2]

If two neuros have said this is what you have, it looks like you have already had some testing for cadasil, and more sure would not hurt. Here is a link to begin searching the Internet yourself for more information, if you like:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cadasil/CADASIL.htm  

Good Luck! Jane
i want to thank you for responding to my question. i have not had the blood test done because it cost 5000.00 dollars and i have no family history. i know there is no treatment for cadasil. it is so frustrating to not know what is coming next if that is even what i have, thankyou for listening.

dianna