Neurology Community
calf pain, muscle twitch, tumor in neck? - No confidence in doctors.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Here is how things have played out.

In January I started to get a twitch in my left calf. The calf would be sensative, but not painful to touch. I tought the worst. I thought that it was a DVT (I'm a 28yr old male, but you never know). 3 doctors, but just quickly looking me over, said it wasn't.

The pain seems to radiate from my left butt cheek down the back of my leg and into the calf. Sometimes the pain will go to the foot. It hurts more when I sit down. If I lay down to sleep, I always wake up feeling fine. However, I still have the pain. NSAIDs don't work. I do have anti-anxiety pills (DEPAS) that I use when I feel an anxiety attack coming on. When I take these, the pain goes away.

The twitching sometimes moves up to my knee and it becomes more visable. It almost feels like blood is struggling to get through and so it pushes through and causes the twitch. It's a bit scary (I might be over-reacting though). My doctor thinks it's a compressed nerve. He did regular xrays and found nothing but insists that it's a nerve issue. Pain managament is what I need. I exercise, and eat well, so there's not much else he can tell me to do.

I then began to experience pain in my left arm. An MRI was taken to rule out a hernia. Instead they found what looked like a small mass. For my arm, if they give me a nerve blocker, I'm good for about a week or 2. I go in for a contrast MRI Tuesday for closer look I suppose. My doctor said that the tumor would have nothing to do with my leg. However, I would like to know from people on this board if they think that's true.

I should mention, I have very little confidence in doctors here (I'm in Japan). So I rely on the internet to help me. My reason for asking this today is because last night I fell asleep at my PC while doing research. When I got up to go to bed, my leg had fallen asleep and I fell. The leg had no power in it. I guess I cut off the circulation while sitting down. Kinda scary. Still, I hope someone can let me know if they've gone through similar experiences.
oh my goodness!! i cant believe i was laughing while i read your story. im sorry. well...me too is all i can say. but my discription is more like a spazm you know. im really freaked out, i guess you could say. i havent even bothered going to the Dr. yet. where did they find the mass???im 35 and im not a heavy person and have never had any real big health issues.i figure mine is possibly back related.