Neurology Community
can tooth ache cause a sore eye??

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

can tooth ache cause a sore eye??

i have had a sore eye for 6 months which gets worse when i am on the computer or reading and becomes very tired, when i went out on a windy day i had really bad tooth ache in the gum of a tooth which has a receding gum which resulted in stabbing pain in my temple and at the top of my head, the tooth hurts every day and up the nose to the eye, also in the ear, its driving me mad, i have headaches everyday and a pain in the back of my neck.  im 37.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

This may be Trigeminal neuralgia as you have typical one sided facial pain extending to temple and eye( ophthalmic branch of trigeminal nerve may be involved) and sore gums of the teeth of same side (maxillary branch of 5th nerve). Trigeminal neuralgia may have a triggering factor like recent history of tooth extraction, touch, cold breeze or hot sensation etc. which you need to evaluate and avoid. Drug of choice for trigeminal neuralgia is carbamazepine but as the dose may vary according to severity therefore I would advice an oral medicine specialist consultation or at least a physician to confirm this diagnosis and get you treated accordingly. Take care.