cavum septum pellucidum
i have history of brain surgery,for above,removal and drainage,immediatly after surgery,headaches completley gone,headaches have returned with vengance,mri showed cavum septum pellucidum  very large again,also,showed neuralgia,and what they determined to be shunt on right side occipital area near 4th ventricle,well to my surprise old films and neurosurgeon whom performed surgery,never placed shunt,so my worry,if not a shunt what else could it possibly be that they are seeing?have you ever heard of this cavum septum pellucidum?if so i had gone to neurosurgeon who suggested treatment thru spine?how is that possible?if can help? thanks.nichita

How are you? Cavum septum pellucidum (CSP) becomes symptomatic due to obstruction of CSF flow. This leads to hydrocephalus and raised CSF pressure.
The treatment is neuroendoscopic fenestration. After surgery the symptoms resolve and can reduce the size of CSP. This procedure can even obviate the need for shunt placement.
If you have already undergone this procedure and symptoms have recurred you may need shunt placement.
I would suggest you to discuss this with your neurosurgeon and let us know if you need more information.