Neurology Community
cerebellar atrophy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cerebellar atrophy

hi-We have a 11 year old daughter that when she was 3 had a severe seizure(that was like a stroke),and  that she developed loss of memory with. After 3 months, she was given a diagnosis of cerebellar atrophy after an MRI showed cells that died around the cerebellum. She was so much like a stroke victome after, and it took about a year to learn how to walk,talk,feed herself,potty train, and gain her ballence again. She never recieved much therapy from the outside, but now she is 11 and has fine motor skill problems( the worst being her speech). her articulation is bad. I have been doing some research because I have to be her advocate. Isn't cerebellar atrophy part of berebellar palsy in one way or another? If anyone can give me some information, I would appreciate it, any help is good.
Bawanagirl