cerebral ataxia
i have been suffering from cerebral ataxia since 24th may 08. Loss of balance, dificulty in writing and speech increased graduly for first week. As per doctor this is a POST VIRAL CEREBRAL SYNDROME. On 16 th may 08 I had a very mild fever (100 deg F) for 2 days which improved without any medication. I was started with oral MPS but  there was no improvement, rather difficulties increased. Then I was given IVMPS( Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate - 1 gm) daily for 5 days. After 5 doses condition started improving. But even after 3 weeks of injection I have not fullly recovered.

My question is whether I went under right medication or not. And how much time do I require to get 100% recovery. Will speech therapy and pheseotherapy im prove my condition.

All test results of CT Scan, MRI, CSF Complete, Chest X-ray, ECG, Blood test, Sugar test, Hepatitis B & C were normal.
Hello Dear,
Treatment of post viral ataxia is aimed at maintaining the highest practical level of muscle function and coordination. Physical therapists provide strengthening exercises where muscle tissue integrity is likely to return or plateau, and range of motion exercises where muscle movement is limited. Gait training is also an important part of rehabilitation for persons with ataxia, as physical therapists help persons adapt to abnormal muscle movements, while safely maintaining posture and walking. As the disease progresses, the goals of therapy adapt to the person's changing abilities. Speech therapists help assess difficulties with speaking and eating, and offer strategies to compensate for them. Occupational therapists also make positional devices available to help maintain posture and comfort.
Corticosteroids are often the mediations given in such cases.The treatment given to you was not wrong.

The prognosis for a person with ataxia depends upon the type and nature of the disease. Ataxia as a result of trauma or infection may be a temporary condition, or leave some degree of permanent disability
Refer http://www.answers.com/topic/ataxia?cat=health
Best
Thank you for everything!