Neurology Community
cervical fusion - loud Squealing in my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

After C7-6-5-4 cervical fusion i have had a squealing/whistling sound in my head.
Sometimes i can wake up in the morning and the noise will be gone, this lasts only for a short time to a few hours then returns.  i have noticed that if I sit in a chair and fall a sleep the noise turns into a screeching sound that is so unbearable that i have to go to bed.  i have to take Valium, tramadol, hyrdrocoden when i go to bed or the noise will not go away enough to sleep. I recently added robaxan at night. I woke up 6 hrs later and my head was noise free. i was laying on my right side all night. I then turn on to my back, the screeching sound returned.  Then i tried all the meds together.  i stayed on my right side while sleeping, i woke up with out noise. i then got right up very happy the terrible noise was gone. it then reappeared 6hrs later when I fell asleep in my chair. I wake up with m head bent down to my chest and the noised returned extremely loud. I had an Mri an ct that showed i did not have tinnitus as many Ent's thought I had. i met with a neurologist, she has no clue yet.  i have an MRA scheduled soon. This terrible noise has been with me since march of 2009 when I had my cervical fusion. I complained to every doctor and surgeon i have seen. Nobody has any answers.
I recently had to have revision surgery. an extremely large amount of scar tissue had to be removed ,my esophagus was found fused to my spine , that had to be freed up. I could barely talk and have swallowing problems. The new fusion provided me with a little relief for talking.
I also had to have two more discs fused.  Still no relief from the screeching sound. it is so loud at times, that I can not understand what people are saying. I only have intermittent times when the screeching goes away. The noise seems to be a neck positional thing. if i lay my head to the left while sitting up the noise gets so bad i have to take a Valium and lay down and sleep for about 3 hrs, then when i awake the noise becomes barely tolerable.
Please help me, if you can, I am my wits end with all this. the noise and pain in my neck has ruined my life.