Neurology Community
cervical osteophyte formations and stenosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cervical osteophyte formations and stenosis

I started having pain in my neck into my shoulder with numbness down my right arm into my first two fingers over a month ago, physio and doctor asumed it was a buldging disc.. Just got the MRI results C3-4 ostechondral bar is predominatly osteophyte formation results in mild to moderate right neural foraminal stenosis. C5-6 right sided uncal osteophyte results in moderate to right neural foraminal stenosis. Mild generalized loss to chondral bar which effaces the anterior CSF space.  C6-7 Mild gereralized loss to chondral bar with large right sided uncal osteophyte and small left uncal osteophyte. There is severe right neural foraminal stenosis. There is effacement of the anterior CSF space. Tere is mild narrowing of the left nural foraminal.  C7-T1 These are the partially fused for steeple bodies.. I have been treated by physiotherpy, accupunchure.  After 4wks I'm off pain meds, but I still can't lay down flat, I sleep in a reclined position to stay out of pain.. Will the osteophyte formations continue to grow and if so what can be done?.. Thanks, I need help to get back to my bed and have a good sleep again..Lynn;Canada