Neurology Expert Forum
cervical stenosis-AP diameter of C5-6 canal

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI of the cervical spine impression:C5-6 with ant. disc bulge and spurs with modic type I and type II degenerative signal in endplates of C5 and C6. Asymmetric disc bulge and spur are prominent to the left of C5-6 with residual AP diameter canal of 8-10mm and moderate-severe left foraminal stenosis. QUESTION; What is the "normal AP diameter of C5-6? Is C4-5 approx. the same measurement? Thanks, PT-works
THroughout the cervical region (which of course would include C4-6), the lowest limit of normal for AP diameter of the canal is variable among different individuals.  However, 13-20mm is the reported "normal range" reported by some neuroradiology textbooks and articles.
I have cervicaldegenerative disc syndrome resulting in spinal stenosis at 4 levels, from C3 through C7. The most severe narrowing of the spinal canal is 5 mm.  The symptoms that I have had, neck pain, arm pain, weakness, tingling in the arm, have pretty much abated.  I am left with a burning, tingling, in both feet. I was wondering if anyone else has had stenosis that manifested itself as burning or tingling in the feet?  The neurologist tells me that it is coincidental that I developed the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy at the same time that I experienced an acute episode with the spinal stenosis