charcot marie tooth disease question?
are persistant muscle twitches (in soles of feet predominately) a common symptom of Charcot Marie tooth? Also, does facial weakness present as a symptom in this disorder? I'm still undiagnosed, have been suffering with neurological symptoms since October, of 99. At a  recent checkup at my neurologist, he asked me if I had ever had "high arches"...I have never had high arches and as a matter of fact, have always been more "flat footed" than anything. The doctor noted that my arches seemed unusually high. When I got home I researched on the internet and found that high arches can be a symptom of CMT. However, my other symptoms don't seem consistent with CMT, such as facial muscle weakness that comes and goes and persistant, non stop fasciculations in the soles of both feet. Would ALS also cause high arches? Thanks for any info, Phoebe.
HI,  I HAVE HAD CMT ALL MY LIFE.  I AM COMPLETLEY FLAT FOOTED.  MY DOC SAYS HE HAS SEEN SEVERAL PATIENTS WITH FLAT FEET AND SUGESTS WE WEAR HIGH ARCHED SHOES.  I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR FACIAL WEAKNESS.  I DO FROM TIME TO TIME HAVE NUMBNESS THROUGH OUT MY BODY.  MOSTLY IN MY HANDS AND FEET.  MY MOTHER, WHO ALSO HAS CMT, DOES HOWEVER HAVE FACIAL WEEKNESS AND PAIN.  HER DOC HAS CONTRIBUTED THIS TO HER  Trigeminal nerve.  WE WEAKNESS OF HER NERVES IS BELIEVED TO HAVE CAUSE THE DAMAGE TO THIS NERVE.  IT IS LOCATED AT THE BACK OF YOUR NECK AND RUNS TO YOUR JAW LINE.  I HOPE THIS HELPS.  GOOD LUCK.