chest, neck and arm pain-pinched nerve?
I had an MRI done due to increasing frequency and intensity of left chest, shoulder and arm pain, also occasional pain in right arm, right chest. Pain in arms is usually in the axilla area, and over the shoulders feels very heavy, also having some change in sensation in the arms-very slight and only occasionally. MRI showed "mild degenerative disc disease at C5/6 and C6/7. No significant focal neural compromise is identified". "At C5/6, there is a moderated broad-based osteochondral bar, asymmetric towards the left. This touches the anterior aspect of the cord, without cord deformation. The neural foramina are widely patent". My question is that everyone and their mother seems to have degenerative disc disease and the MRI doesn't say pinched nerve, could I have a pinched nerve even though it didn't show it on the MRI? Heart has been tested and is okay, mammogram is okay, chest x-ray was supposedly okay. I am worried about lung cancer as certain type called Pancoast tumour cause arm pain. I am to see a neurologist but not until December 11th. I wondered if any of you smart people had any ideas on what is going on with me. I am in a lot of pain....I am managing to continue working but just barely. Thanks! :)

Yes it is possible to have a pinched nerve.They all ways don't show up.Your neurologist will probably do more tests.You don't need to do any thing that will damage it more.                                                                                                Good Luck
I feel for you as i have a similar condition. Yes it is possible to have a pinched nerve, and have nerve pain into your chest. You have the MRI to show spinal chord irritation at the level that radiates to those areas. Even though it is not significant, there are nerve roots that get irritated and can cause the pain you describe. I have had neck surgery, and once the injury has occured, the spinal chord is very sensitive to pain signals. I have experienced nerve pain that doesnt necessarily correlate with the MRI findings. May I suggest that you look into some cortisone injections with a pain management specialist. This relieves the swelling of the soft tissue, and helps alot of people with pain relief. These are done in a series of three injections into the cervical spine, really not painful at all- under mild anesthesia. I have had this done and it gave relief for awhile. You can do some searching on "radiculapathy" to better understand your symptoms. I pray you dont have to go through Drs telling you it is all in your head!