Neurology Expert Forum
chest pain with seizure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

chest pain with seizure

hi

i have tle and mainly get partial seizures.  just recently have started getting chest pain just before a seizure and stops shortly after the seizure stops.

meds- keppra and lamotrigine.

is it related to the seizures like an aura

michelle
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

The chest pressure may be an aura or it may be directly related to the seizure. People with temporal lobe epilepsy and other types of seizures may have ictal arrhythmias (i.e., abnormal heart beats with the seizure). I suggest you discuss your symptoms with your epileptologist. You may need to be monitored on a continuous EEG with concomitant EKG to assess if you maintain normal sinus rhythm during your seizure.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.