chiari
Onset of terrible crushing headaches June 07 after brochitis with bad coughing episodes. Since then, constant pain in back of the neck, ringing of the ears, fullness,pain in the ears, sensitivity to bright lights, and terrible pain if I cough,sneeze, lift, bend over etc. Had CT of sinus, ok. Had saw Neurologist  who diagnosed Chirari, sent me for MRI of Brain, MRI spine and MRA vessels. Reports went to the primary doctor who just called me to saw MRI's were normal.  I know the tech was told he was looking for suspect chiari . Is this possible that I could come out clean and still have all the hallmark symptoms of Chiari?? Age 57, female in otherwise good health. Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted to hear I was fine, but the truth is, to me, the symptoms are so obvious why doesn't the MRI back it up?  What else could this possibly be?  Have had hearing test, eye check up and dental check ups just to be sure overall health is fine.
Any light to shed??

MRI of brain and spine is the most definitive test to diagnose chiari malformation. Since it is negative in your case, i suggest you can rule out chiari as a cause of your symptoms.
Your symptoms of headache and photosensitivity suggest that you could be suffering from migraines.
I suggest you try OTC painkillers and see if they help your pain.
Do you have fever?
I would also suggest you to get a csf examination done. Hope it helps!
gailgg I just saw (online) an episode of Chiari on the Mystery Diagnosis series. And it clearly states how two radiologists missed the Chiari Malformation. The second radiologist saw a little bit but did not give it a second thought . I wish you could see this episode. I will post the link and you can later comment on that!

Good Luck!

http://www.chiaritvspecial.com/chiarivideo.html

copy paste.... it is incredible!!!!!
Anyone know a good attorney in Atlanta for a Chiari cases, and a good doc, I live in New York my car accident was her in GA, I already had my surgery March 12 in New York but I have to be here for my court.

Hi...not sure how u can fight this...did ur Drs in NY tell u that ur Chiari was acquired?

This is a situation that is hard to fight since most have Chiari since birth, congenital, and a MVA may trigger it and it's symptoms, but it does not cause Chiari...u can have Chiari like symptoms from low lying tonsils that can be also referred to as acquired Chiari....

If ur Dr;s in NY DX'd u they should be able to write a letter that will help this process...but most can not win as I said Chiari is a congenital condition.
I've read that there's multiple things that determine Chiari related symptoms.
It is not just how long the herniation is. There is such a thing as Chiari 0 but that person still has same symptoms as someone that has a longer issue.

Regular MRI's just check overall length.
What causes issues & symptoms most likely is the CFS fluid & blockages.
there's small fluid blockages that is present might be causing your symptoms.

My guess is if thats the case, maybe just taking Diamox or other types of diuretics reducing the fluids might help a lot.