chronic right shoulder pain and numbness in arm
I have been living with pain in my right shoulder for the past 5 years. It wasn't due to any sports injury (I have a rather sedentary lifestyle). It first progressed very quicky into frozen shoulder and I went through physical thearapy, cortisone injections etc. The frozen shoulder eventually thawed on its own (in about 6 months) and I got back motion on my right arm but the pain never went away. In the past one year, I have been having pain in the leg muscle below the knee on my right leg. It is the kind of pain that is bothersome but not to the extent of me reeling in pain and is most felt during the night. Of late I have been having numbness also on my right arm - this numbeness coupled with persistent pain on the shoulder is becoming too much and I want to know which specialist I should go to to seek help. I don't want pain medications - i don't believe in suppressing the pain.
hi...all I can suggest is trying one of the links that you see highlighted in BLUE just below you're question...click on you're post or on ARCHIVES to see more info.
you could also try the PAIN MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY there are many good suggestions there, I know one fellow RED931 if you look up his bio or PM him he is also going thr similar problems with his shoulder.
good luck
Your symptoms seem to be of nerve compression. Compression of nerves in the spine due to bulging or protruding disks, bone spurs or other reasons may lead to muscle pain, numbness and weakness. Please go for MRI of the spine and consult a neurologist for the diagnosis. MRI of the arm and leg may be required after the neurologist evaluation. Decompression of nerves by surgery and physiotherapy may help in relieving your symptoms. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!