Neurology Community
cloggy hearing, pressure in head forgetfulness,thinking problems,can&#x...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cloggy hearing, pressure in head forgetfulness,thinking problems,can't find right words

11 years ago at 21 I awoke in the middle of the night noticing my hearing had been lost slightly.My ears felt as if I were under water.I went to a hearing specialist and they said nothing was wrong.Gradually, pressure began to fill my head making my head feel heavy and my ears stated to pop constantly.Saw an ent and he said it was probaly sinus he took an mri and said he saw a little something but didn't think it was nothing.My hearing never returned to the natural state and the head pressure got worse through the years.I saw an ent again and he wanted to give me allery shots,nasal sprays and another deviated septum sergery (surgery).I knew this was not addressing my problem so I just did not go through with it.Today at 32 I have grown to adapt to my hearing loss but still have problems with the popping and constant head pressure.The pressure has seriously affected my thinking,conversation,daily life.I have dizzy spells and know I cannot go on living like this.when I try to explain my symptoms I always get treated as if it is stress or I am just crazy.Ihave no idea what this is all I know is my mind is getting worse as time goes on.I feel very grateful to have found this site and to realize that I am not alone with these symtoms (symptoms).What do you think it could be?
You have the classic symptoms of severe Meniere's disease - flucctuating hearing loss with slowly progressive permanent loss, fullness in the ears, dizziness and balance problems, fatigue, epsecially mental fatigue and cognitive problems, "spacey" feeling in the head, and often noise (ringing, roaring, static ) in the ears.

I can't diagnose this, but I recommend that you see a specialist in vestibular disorders or in Meniere's disease.  Regular ENT's say they understand it, but I have not been impressed at how many do.

To find a specialist in your region go to the VEstibular Disorders of America (VEDA) website and search for a provider in your state.  Here is their website link to the page that begins the search for providers:

http://vestibular.org/find-medical-help/search-by-region.php

However, I would recommend that you go to their homepage at "vestibular.org" and read on Menier's disease to see if it sounds familiar to what you're going through.  Come and tell me what you think.

Good luck, Quix

Hi ,As you are stil young you have maney years to spend ,with money too ,on dic-Doctors .Or ,start taking charge of it yourself .Not easy but there is a chanch here .Make a list of all you consume /Then take the most suspected one or more out .The easy way is to eliminat what make you feel bad ,the best is a compleat chang of lifestyle but with this you will need some expert .And it better be someone that didn't go to MedSchool as thy tend to think "Drags " .You need someone with a Nutural background knowledge ,and what he tells you must make sense to you .For xample ,If you can eat only Grapes for a week or more ,I'm sure you weel notice a change ,but this will only clean you up some and maybe you need some Vitamihn etch  support .
I'm am 18 and I have had Meniere's all my life. I had my first full blown (nerve explodes) when I was 4 years old. Ive had many sense then,I'm on 2 different kind of meds and I am on a heavy no caffeine low salt diet. My hearing is ok for now,But I have every symptom in the book it seems like. My main ones are,dizziness and lightheadedness.
I take a one a day vitamin,and eat really healthy but I don't drive and college is going to be the hardest thing. I want to Get the Meniett Device,but I no insurance. anyway just kinda thinking out loud.
And for anyone who had it,the diet helps a lot!
I'm having similar symptoms, but the pressure in my head usually builds when I'm laying down or when I'm looking down (reading things etc.).  The pressure in my head seems to build on the side of my head facing down (as if gravity has something to do with it).  And the pressure isn't associated with my ears.  Sometimes my ears will slowly build with a quiet static until finally they 'pop' and the static is gone (this has been with me for a long time though).  

Are the other posters on the money, or do your symptoms deviate from Meniere's disease?  Does the pressure change based on how your head is tilted?