cold extremities
About 4 months ago, I suffered what has been diagnosed as a TIA.  This has been followed by extensive neurological workups and most recently a quintuple cardiac bypas grafts.  My problem is that my right arm and leg are almost constantly colder than my left.  This causes severe twitching and spasm of the muscles which my doctor is treating simply as RLS.  The medication I was given (Requip) has very little effect on this condition. The lack of sleep is now interfering with my recovery from this surgery.  What is anything can be done to help this condition?
I have been going through a year of tests myself.
My issue is that my right leg, from the knee down to my toes is dramatically colder than the other side most noticeable in the calf. The top large vein on this foot is always bulging, and the leg from the knee down is discolored (cyanosis?) I have lost about an 1" of calf musle on that leg, and have lost most of the use of that foot as well (can't bend toes etc) The muscle is starting to wast away in upper thigh now as well (1" difference as well)

I have had MRI's (lower back), and an arterial dopler etc, advised that flow at normal resting state is fine. (June of this year)

A recent visit to my neurologist he noticed all this twitching I have (leg, arm, chest muscles etc and was quite concerned, did  a spinal tap, and more blood work, and another MRI, this time of brain, neck, and middle back. And I go this monday for another EMG / NCS.

He did an ankle jerk test as well on my "good" leg and I had wicked CLONUS (he said he could see things were moving to my good leg.

He also did the babinski on both feet, I "think" the toes went up, and spread, when I see him monday will ask him to do again.

I have trouble with no pelvic floor muscle for BM etc, taking large amounts of metamucil to try and stay regular.

I think I am in trouble, but your post caught my attention because of the Cold Extrmeties.