cold
My daughter and grandaughter ade 16mos, came for a visit from Nevada to Michigan. I gave my granddaughter her 1st popcicle and she would not hold it by the stick. She held the popcicle right in the middle-she didn't try to switch hands and just ate the whole thing.  The next day she was walking outside, fell and skinned her knee which drew blood--no reaction to the hurt knee. We went swimming - I wouldn't get into the water -it was too cold--she went right in!! Some history-my daughter has breaks out in hives if she is exposed to cold temperatures.  Do you have any thoughts or advice!!

Thanks,
Jo45north
Hi there.

I believe that it is too early to tell or even considering if there is really something wrong with your grand daughter.  These observations may really be of no serious clinical consequences. An infant's sensory and neurologic system is still not fully developed and this may lead to these observations.   I also don't believe that these are related to her mother's sensitivity to cold.

If you are concerned with this observations and feel that she needs to get worked up, then an evaluation by a pediatric neurologist may be warranted.

Regards.