colloid cyst
I have severe complex partial epilepsy,since 19yrs old. In 2000 a "VNS" was implanted. By 2007 I have reached what could be said 'good control'.In spite of all I had a very sucsessful career.I had excellant Doctors.Because of my profession I now have been diagnoised with extensive splinal stenosis,which was discovered due to a fall.While at a restaurant someone turned the lights out and I fell down some stairs.I have severe stenosis in both the cervical spine,and the lumbar spine.Ther are several herniated discs,and bulging discs.But also during the extensive exam,besides CT scans on the neck,and the lumbar region,a scan was done of the brain. A colloid cyst in the 3rd ventrcle was found. Unfortunately the doctor at the time said irt wasn't important.He was not my neurologist,but was one my lawyer,(was my lawyer) wanted me to see. I have since had hospital burn CT on aCD and send to my doctor at Columbia Epilepsy Center. At this time I am waiting for my doctor to receive .In the last 2 days I have been experiencing both problems with blured and double vision.I aslso have some balance problems. I can't say it's my meds because I've been taking for years. In th fall I was hospitalized with SIADH because of the tegretol,that's been replaced with Lamictal. This year has been unfortunately eventful. Right now I don't know what to think. If surgery is an answer for these cysts..will it be a problem for someone like myself with all these health issues.
This is cathy0112 I forgot ot add my age,I'm 58 yrs old.I also should tell you that in my family that 4 out of 6 childrenhave epilepsy,as well as our mother .Also my only brother who's epilepsy was as sever as mine died at 42 yrs due to brain anyurisms. The epilepsy was due to severe physical abuse.