Neurology Community
confused!! neuropathy/bulging disc
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

confused!! neuropathy/bulging disc

My boyfried has been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, its been more than a year now and things just seem to be getting worse. Recently another doctor has diagnosed neuralgia. Medication has been given but nothing works! My boyfriend just sits or lays down all day complaining of pain. None of the doctors have said anything about what can be done or what the actual problem is  just nerve damage but i dont know actually where.  Boyfriend is now complaining of numbness in the crotch area.

My question is can a bulging disc be causing this numbness and could these same bulging discs be causing his neuropathy symstoms?

THANK YOU ANYONE FOR HELP OR INFORMATION. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
Yes bulging discs can cause numbness to the area of nerve supply. The crotch area and area down to foot are supplied by same nerve, hence numbness.
Vitamin supplementation would help him.
Alternatively Nerve conduction velocity test will help.
Blank
Hi.

Has any imaging techniques, such as MRI or X-ray, or nerve conduction tests been done on your boyfriend? What are the symptoms that your boyfriend is experiencing?

A bulging disc, also known as disc herniation, could cause neurologic symptoms such as numbness and pain in the affected areas. Has any diagnostic test done revealed findings consistent with a disc herniation?

It would be best for your boyfriend to consult a neurologist to properly assess his symptoms.

Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank