could a spinal cord syrinx cause you to black out/
I was hurt at work in 2003, the company doctor sent me for a MRI with dye it showed a syrinx in my upper and middle back with minimal cord flattening. It is now 2008 and 3wks ago I had what I call a black out and found myself waking on the bathroom floor. Easter night I had another black out and found myself waking on the diningroom floor. The next morning I had a black eye. I have neck, shoulder and back pain pretty often. I was also told that the syrinx is not big enough to causing me any pain in 2003, my question is could it now be enough to being causing me to black out now.I will be seeing a neurologist on Monday but I am not sure if I should bring my xrays or what questions to ask this new doctor. Any suggestions will be appreciated
Hello.

Have you explored the cause of the syrinx? I suspect there must be momentary increase in the CSF pressure, leading to the fainting episodes.

I think you should take all your earlier reports to the new neurologist and ask for an insight into the cause of the syrinx.

Regards
Thank you for your insight..I will be taking my earlier xrays with me..I am also having a CT scan on Monday..I am hopeful that It will show whats wrong..I drive for a living and I am concerned that this will interfer with my job..I carry a CDL and if I am not cleared the motor vehicle will take my CDL...I am just alittle concerned about this..Thank you again..May I write back and tell you what the doctor has found..