cracking sound in neck/skull area
Cracking sound in base of skull/neck area.  Is this common??  This seems to have been occuring the past couple of weeks, usually about 10 times a day.  It happens at odd times, just sitting still, when I yawn, when I turn my head, etc.  Could this be arthritis or something more serious?  My hairdresser has also noticed a bump area on the left side on the back of my neck.  Could all of this be related?
I had the same problems and I went through steroid injections in my neck it did help.  I had osteoarthris and It sounds like you might have the same.Maybe even a buldging disk.
I have osteoarthritis and I am 34 years old. I have the same problem as you do. I also have fibromyalgia as well. I have the cracking in the neck, jaw, hips, ankles and my elbows. Sounds like you have osteoarthris also. Good luck to you!!