crampguy
I have type II diabetes well controlled with medication.  I do not have leg cramps as much since getting on medications.  What I do have that bothers me is muscle cramps in my arms, back, and stomach.  Onset can be as little as scratching a itch or sitting up from a laying position.  The cramps subside quickly after stopping the activity.  I stay well hydrated throughout the day as I am on diuretics for high blood pressure.  I am starting here and have not sought help from my doctor as I no longer have insurance.  I know this is not a lot to go on but the symptoms have been ongoing for years.  I have not noticed any increase in muscle weakness in any of my arms or legs.  I do not exercise much but when I have I do well except that situps tend to increase the cramps in my stomach though after doing situps for several workouts they tend to be less bothersome.  But the cramps in my arms now occur when I am driving or they hit in my back along my sides while driving.  What am I up against and what can I do?
Hello.

The treatment is probably taking away the salts / minerals from your blood. That's why you are having thee problems. You can get your blood work done, especially for sodium, potassium and calcium. If they are low, you can start taking supplements.

Regards